+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card steps

brunogent

Aug 23, 2022
Hello,

i landed as a PR on January 14th. Now the delivery process is estimated at 14 days according IRCC website. But still no change on my GC account from now.

can someone share with me what steps should I see on my GC account before receiving it ? Is there some ghost updates ? Special steps ...

thanks a lot for your answer

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hello,

i landed as a PR on January 14th. Now the delivery process is estimated at 14 days according IRCC website. But still no change on my GC account from now.

can someone share with me what steps should I see on my GC account before receiving it ? Is there some ghost updates ? Special steps ...

thanks a lot for your answer
PR card delivery is easily 20+ days. Your GCKey won't show you any updates on it's own!

You need to call IRCC and get your PR card's application number and link your PR card application to your GCKey. You can also do that without needing application number, but for a lot of people that option doesn't seem to work.

If you call IRCC and ask the status about your PR card, they won't be able to say anything before 60 days.

brunogent

Aug 23, 2022
PR card delivery is easily 20+ days. Your GCKey won't show you any updates on it's own!

You need to call IRCC and get your PR card's application number and link your PR card application to your GCKey. You can also do that without needing application number, but for a lot of people that option doesn't seem to work.

If you call IRCC and ask the status about your PR card, they won't be able to say anything before 60 days.
Thanks for your reply. 15 days is the time announced on IRCC website right now. I called IRCC and they said they will put a comment on my file cause it's overtime now. But i thought on my GC key I would have seen some steps before

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Thanks for your reply. 15 days is the time announced on IRCC website right now. I called IRCC and they said they will put a comment on my file cause it's overtime now. But i thought on my GC key I would have seen some steps before
That 15 day listed on the website is a joke tbh. When I called IRCC, they told me that they won't even be able to see a status before 2 months :D But I got my PR card in 25 days, my spouse's PR card had to be re-requested though.

Reactions: Alice gu

Alice gu

Dec 19, 2023
That 15 day listed on the website is a joke tbh. When I called IRCC, they told me that they won't even be able to see a status before 2 months :D But I got my PR card in 25 days, my spouse's PR card had to be re-requested though.
that's good did you track the application in Gckey? Or Gckey doesnt show any update of the pr card? Please let me know

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
that's good did you track the application in Gckey? Or Gckey doesnt show any update of the pr card? Please let me know
I never was able to link my application to GCKey for myself as my PR card was sent in 25 days. For my spouse, we were never able to link and track at all.

FYI, a friend who recently re-requested her PR card was told that IRCC is currently processing Sep-Oct's re-requested PR cards.

Alice gu

Dec 19, 2023
Ok, I see, do you know if for example I providing a mailing address with a PO box do you think that it will be sent to my PO box or to the principal address?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Ok, I see, do you know if for example I providing a mailing address with a PO box do you think that it will be sent to my PO box or to the principal address?
Not sure what you mean by that. Do you mean that the address has a PO box? If so, they'll deliver it to the PO box. Mine was delivered to my PO box.