+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card & rent contract

zoro_n1

Feb 25, 2010
I will be landing in Toronto and would like to ask :

1- is there any cheap way of having an address at least for the first 2 months ??? any ideas

2- is it necessary for the PR card to have a rent contract?

3- how can I arrange accommodation from abroad (needless to say than am not prince William, so am looking for an affordable solution)

this forum is awesome by the way!!! thank you :-*

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Zoro,

1. Address w/out staying: Not possible unless u have a friend or relative. [I know UPS Store has one, but I'm not sanguine]
2. PR Card & Rent contract: No, u don't need a tenancy contract, just an address.
3. Pre-arranged accom: There r many options. www.safehomestay.com is a good one [as used by many I know of]... U can use their address for the PR Card.

Regards,
Qorax.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When you land, you can say that you do not have an address yet and you will let them know later. You can ask them for a form you fill out and fax or mail once you have an address. Then get a P.O. Box and give that as your address to get your PR card mailed.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maybe it depends on the IO but some people in the forum gave a PO Box and it was accepted.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
YorkFactory said:
Senior Leon is right. Moreover, the UPS Mail Box doesn't go with a PO Box address... we get a 'real street address'. Here's what you get:
▪ A real street address, not a P.O. Box
A street address can provide a professional image for your business.
▪ Secure mail with 24-hour access*
Pick up your mail when it’s convenient for you. Your mail and packages stay-safe and confidential.
▪ Package notification
We’ll let you know when your packages arrive.
▪ Full-service mail and package receiving
We accept packages from all carriers, so you’ll never miss a delivery.
▪ Mail holding and forwarding**
We’ll hold your packages in a secure location for pick-up at your convenience or forward them to you, wherever you are.
▪ Call-in MailCheck®
Save time. Save a trip. Call us to find out if you have mail.

http://www.theupsstore.com/products/maiandpos.html

Qorax.