+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal

Krishna008

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Hello,

I am planning to apply for PR renewal. Once it is in processing, can I leave Canada. I am planning to go to India for a month and half.

If PR renewal application is denied, then can I come back with my existing valid PR card? Mine is expiring in April 2024. Or will my PR status be lost once this renewal application is denied?

Please respond so that I can plan accordingly.

Thank you,
Krishna.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Why are you even renewing it now? It’s still valid until April 2024. Assuming you are leaving this month, you can still use the current card.

I suppose because renewals take forever (is it 3-4 months?). If that’s your rationale, your plan is fine, if not on the needlessly complicated side.

Besides, your PR card renewal does determine PR status. You don’t lose PR status by getting renewal denied, but that’s a different story.

What makes you think you will be denied? Are you short of your residency obligation?

Reactions: Ponga

Maggie31

Oct 27, 2023
Hi,
I sent paper application to renew PR card for me and my spouse on Nov 17th. Got AOR on Dec 19th. Today status for my application says decision made and my spouse is still in progress. Is there a way i can know if my application was approved? Any insight on PR card renewals will be helpful.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I am planning to apply for PR renewal. Once it is in processing, can I leave Canada. I am planning to go to India for a month and half.

If PR renewal application is denied, then can I come back with my existing valid PR card? Mine is expiring in April 2024. Or will my PR status be lost once this renewal application is denied?

Please respond so that I can plan accordingly.

Thank you,
Krishna.
I concur that you might be better to wait until you've returned to Canada to submit the application. However, you should check with the airline to see if your card expiring in a few months will be an issue. Like passports, I suspect that the remaining validity of the PR Card being less than 6 months could be an issue, but...hopefully not.

Also, in the event that your renewed card is issued while you are abroad, it would make your current card invalid after 60 days. I realize you are only going for 45 days, but what if your plans change?

Reactions: bellaluna

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018

Kamagg

Feb 3, 2024
My fiance apply pr card renewal application canada in October 16 2023
And lawyer was not fully document sent web form about total border crossings's and all that information
After that 5 January 2024 resubmitted file with all documents regarding borders crossed like that
And 5 days ago application status showing SUBMITTED
PLEASE suggest that how much time we will wait pr card renewal process
Please reply please