+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal

RazaM

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022
I am filling out imm5444e - application to renew PR card. I am not able to understand what this means in the 8 - Consent and Declaration section :

'I understand the foregoing statements, having asked for and obtained an explanation on every point that was not clear to me'

We are supposed to check mark it. Can someone please help me understand what this means? I don't want to check this without understanding it.
Hopefully more members will also be able to explain it, but to my understanding, they want you to give consent that you have sought help from an immigration consultant or lawyer or a family member if you don’t understand something.

Reactions: krishere1982

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Those who applied for PR card renewal through paper - approximately how many days it takes to hear anything from IRCC?

Thanks.

louis_fr

Dec 9, 2022
My PRC is still valid and I will be returning before expiry date, PRC renewal is in progress.
@RazaM - Have you traveled back to Canada? I'm in exact same situation where I'm waiting for Renewal Card and my current PR card is expiring in march. I have to travel next week and planning to return with the current card before its expiry. Did you face any questions or issues in border?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@RazaM - Have you traveled back to Canada? I'm in exact same situation where I'm waiting for Renewal Card and my current PR card is expiring in march. I have to travel next week and planning to return with the current card before its expiry. Did you face any questions or issues in border?
Since you have already applied for a renewed PR Card, that must mean that you know that you have met the R.O. to qualify. If so, you should expect a smooth and painless re-entry in terms of CBSA questions.

Your current card becomes invalid 60 days after the new card is issued.

louis_fr

Dec 9, 2022
Since you have already applied for a renewed PR Card, that must mean that you know that you have met the R.O. to qualify. If so, you should expect a smooth and painless re-entry in terms of CBSA questions.

Your current card becomes invalid 60 days after the new card is issued.
Thanks, My application current status is submitted. How do I know get to know if my card is issued? Is it when status change to approved or when card is printed in back office?

Kiw_Lemon

Apr 2, 2020
Hello,
I have lost my prcard and applied for prtd, I am travelling to Vancouver from India via Frankfurt. As I don't have a valid pr card, Do i need to apply for transit visa for a layover of 4 hour?
appreciate the information. Thank you!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
I have lost my prcard and applied for prtd, I am travelling to Vancouver from India via Frankfurt. As I don't have a valid pr card, Do i need to apply for transit visa for a layover of 4 hour?
appreciate the information. Thank you!
Just answered this in your other post. The answer only applies if you receive your PRTD in time to make your flight, as the airline will likely require it before allowing you to board.

Reactions: YVR123

Kiw_Lemon

Apr 2, 2020
Just answered this in your other post. The answer only applies if you receive your PRTD in time to make your flight, as the airline will likely require it before allowing you to board.
Thank you so much, I read through the information. I have applied and hopeful to receive it by the travel time.