+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pr card renewal

zaid9199

Sep 28, 2020
So you shouldn’t be telling someone to expect up to 2 years to pick up their PR card.
I am just telling them to expect anything so they’re not surprised. The in person closure is still ongoing and there are no clear plans or intentions of opening since around 2 years or I suppose you would know and enlighten us. Suppose they open tomorrow, the wait will still be substantial due to the hefty backlog of waiting appointments. I am not lying or exaggerating, this is true and still ongoing regardless of the extreme cases that are taking 2 years. I am closing on the one year mark and I wouldn’t be surprised if I wait another year. I am not trying to step on OP’s hopes but they have the right to know what is going on in this matter and how it is affecting others as it relates to them. So please do not ask me what I should be saying here. If you have other facts I do not have, then please do correct me. They may and can wait up to several months to an unknown amount of time as of today unless IRCC resumes operations of the in person services.

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
Would have been a breeze if you would have just waited those extra 40 days, met the 730 day rule and then applied. You complicated your application over a month's worth of wait.

Ankurmysha

Jan 24, 2022
[and in response to other posts above]:

For clarification: There should be no risk of losing PR status now.

Meeting the RO on the day an application is made for a new PR card, or to sponsor a spouse, is the best approach, the only for sure safe approach, and obviously a key factor in how things go. However, even though that is true, in the meantime the days IN Canada since the date of an application continue to count toward meeting the RO. So going forward there should be no danger that IRCC would engage in a formal RO compliance examination that could result in a 44(1) Inadmissibility Report and Removal Order. (Now that you have been in Canada more than 730 days within the preceding five years, as long as you do not leave Canada for long enough to no longer meet that, there is no risk of losing PR for a breach of the RO UNLESS IRCC challenged the number of days itself.)

There is a potentially significant difference, however, in the impact on the sponsorship application versus the PR card application.

Whether a PR is eligible for a new PR card, or not, on the date the PR card application is made, does not necessarily dictate the PR's eligibility for a PR card any day after that. As is your situation, where staying after applying for the PR card has allowed you to get into RO compliance (since days in Canada after applying continue to count), you now are eligible for a new PR card. (More obvious example is that a PR abroad is not eligible to apply for a new PR card, even if they have four years credit toward the RO; they need to apply when they are IN Canada to meet the eligibility requirements IRCC states in their instructions.)

In contrast, eligibility to sponsor a family member on the date of the sponsorship application is a requirement to sponsor. Being in breach of RO means the PR is inadmissible. An inadmissible PR is not eligible to sponsor a family member. There should be a lot more discussion related to this in the part of this site where family class PR applications are discussed. Last I looked (but I have not been looking much for a long while), the good news is that unless the breach of RO is blatant and big enough to trigger a formal RO compliance examination which results in a 44(1) Report and Removal Order, it appears many family class sponsorships are NOT derailed because the sponsor was somewhat short of complying with the RO as of the day the application was made.

In any event, the risk when applying for a new PR card when short of complying with the RO is twofold:
-- if the breach is substantial, the PR can be referred to a local office for a formal RO compliance interview/examination, and if still in breach on the day of that interview (or examination date if a live interview is not involved), a 44(1) Report prepared and a Removal Order issued, a decision that terminates PR status (subject to right of appeal), OR​
-- the shortfall triggers non-routine processing and lengthy delays in getting in a new PR card;​
-- -- this can include a referral for Secondary Review, which can delay how long IRCC takes to process the application by many months;, even a year or​
-- -- it can mean just a little longer than routine processing following receipt of the application followed by a decision to issue a new PR card but require the PR to do an in-person pick-up of the card, which involves at least a "counter interview," which is the usual, but can involve a sit-down interview; during covid it appears in-person pick-up has been indefinitely postponed for many if not all, meaning a delay in getting a new card that is ongoing​

So you have no worries about a RO interview/examination now. No worry that your PR status is at stake. But the impact on the sponsorship application remains pending and it is difficult to forecast how long it might be before you physically have a new PR card.
thanks for the explanation. appriciated.

Ankurmysha

Jan 24, 2022
Hi folks,
After raising multiple webforms regarding the status of my pr card renewal . IRCC agent told me that card is printed and sent to local etobicoke office in Jan 2022.
We have verified your file and noticed that it was referred to the local office for further assessment, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible. Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached in your file or if additional information is needed.

Kindly help me what will be the next step and how long do i have to wait.

zaid9199

Sep 28, 2020
Hi folks,
After raising multiple webforms regarding the status of my pr card renewal . IRCC agent told me that card is printed and sent to local etobicoke office in Jan 2022.
We have verified your file and noticed that it was referred to the local office for further assessment, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible. Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached in your file or if additional information is needed.

Kindly help me what will be the next step and how long do i have to wait.
Unfortunately it is impossible to know the wait time for when you get your interview. This is the only information you can get from IRCC call support, you can not directly contact your local office. Many people have been waiting over a year now.

Ankurmysha

Jan 24, 2022
Unfortunately it is impossible to know the wait time for when you get your interview. This is the only information you can get from IRCC call support, you can not directly contact your local office. Many people have been waiting over a year now.
Hi, what sort of interview .

zaid9199

Sep 28, 2020
Your card being sent to a local office most likely indicates that they may want to ask you some questions before giving you your PR Card. It could be to determine your residency obligation or something else they want to clear up. That is the interview I am referring to.

Ankurmysha

Jan 24, 2022
Your card being sent to a local office most likely indicates that they may want to ask you some questions before giving you your PR Card. It could be to determine your residency obligation or something else they want to clear up. That is the interview I am referring to.
okay , Thanks for your reply. One more thing it says
Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached in your file or if additional information is needed.

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
If you receive a letter for interview at a local office, most likely your card is already done. the officer will give you after a satisfied interview. Just something like confirming your situation and you are the real person.

winlovesca

Jun 4, 2022
Hi, when asked to Ircc about the current status of pr card agent provides only this information , card is printed and sent to VO etobicoke . An officer will call to schedule a pick up.
Hi, any updates? did they already scheduled ur pick up date? Was wondering since I was also told that they will call to schedule a pick up