+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card renewal

rajcalgary2019

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Hello,

I applied for PR card renewal and the status says "decision made'. Will they send the card in mail or i have to pick up at the office?
I am outside the canada and will ask my friend to mail it to me. what if i am not able to pick it up at the IRCC office myself?
Also, if i still have validity on my old PR card, can i use my old PR card to travel ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I applied for PR card renewal and the status says "decision made'. Will they send the card in mail or i have to pick up at the office?
I am outside the canada and will ask my friend to mail it to me. what if i am not able to pick it up at the IRCC office myself?
Also, if i still have validity on my old PR card, can i use my old PR card to travel ?
You'll be notified if you have to pick it up. If you need to pick it up in person, they will hold your PR card at the office until you are able to come in person.

Your old PR card is no longer valid for travel. If the PR card is mailed to your friend, your friend will have to courier it to you outside of Canada. Alternatively, you will need to apply for a PRTD.

Everuhu

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Hello what is the average time for the card to arrive to alberta its been over a week now any my card hasnt arrived yet (mailed on dec2) i know its december and mail is slower should i start panicking or is it okay?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello what is the average time for the card to arrive to alberta its been over a week now any my card hasnt arrived yet (mailed on dec2) i know its december and mail is slower should i start panicking or is it okay?
Have you waited like 6 weeks?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No its been a week and a half i know they say it take up to 6 weeks but thats not really the case it usually arrives after maximum 2 weeks
Are you sure 2 weeks? Even precovid, I've seen my sponsored relatives' cards arrived more than 2 weeks.

Everuhu

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Are you sure 2 weeks? Even precovid, I've seen my sponsored relatives' cards arrived more than 2 weeks.
Yes majority will arrive in around 2 weeks but that doesnt mean there are no exceptions people r worried because there is no means of tracking it and therefore you cant be sure if its lost or not. I also have to attend a funeral next week i have a flight on Saturday.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes majority will arrive in around 2 weeks but that doesnt mean there are no exceptions people r worried because there is no means of tracking it and therefore you cant be sure if its lost or not. I also have to attend a funeral next week i have a flight on Saturday.
Do you have the stats that support the majority arrive in around 2 weeks? Even in this forum? You do realise you can return via the land border?

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I don't recall seeing any cases of cards arriving in less than about a month.

Everuhu

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Do you have the stats that support the majority arrive in around 2 weeks? Even in this forum? You do realise you can return via the land border?
You are just acting smart if that was an option for me dont you think i would have done it and not be worried

Everuhu

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Please go look at the CEC forums majority of peoples cards that have been mailed are arriving within 1-2 weeks

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Arriving to your mailbox once its been mailed? A month is a really long time majority of people in CEC are getting them in 2-5 days
I was speaking for a different part of process, and not just the mailing - so my mistake and never mind, don't follow the part you're referring to. MEa culpa.