+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal

Gregorykh

Sep 1, 2021
Hello, looking for feedback on on why it is taking so long to receive a decision on PR card renewal.

Does anyone know how to contact/expedite as we’ve been waiting since January2020.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, looking for feedback on on why it is taking so long to receive a decision on PR card renewal.

Does anyone know how to contact/expedite as we’ve been waiting since January2020.
It can depend on the details of your application. If, for example your application has gone to secondary review and/or you applied with only 730 days (or just a bit over), this will cause delays.

Have you received any follow up document requests? Are there any complexities with your application like the ones I mentioned above?

Gregorykh

Sep 1, 2021
Hi. Thanks for your feedback. The current card expired Sep 7, 2020. The renewal submission was given Dec 20, 2019.

The current status received was “Decision Made”. This status was given to us early January 2020. Just after that Covid 19 actions slowed processing. Which is understood.

Just awaiting the email to state approval or not.

Gregorykh

Sep 1, 2021
Interesting coincidence today; we visited the IRCC site to check the status of the application. 30 minutes later an email was sent to meet with an officer for the PR card on Sept 8. :D

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Interesting coincidence today; we visited the IRCC site to check the status of the application. 30 minutes later an email was sent to meet with an officer for the PR card on Sept 8. :D
Guess you had lots of travels during your PR period, or perhaps did you claim RO days outside of Canada?

samirtaneja

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
I have submitted my PR renewal application on august 13 2021 and I got the AOR on November 10th 2021 and after 5-7 days I have checked the online status and it was showing decision made. But I haven’t heard anything till date. It still showing decision made. Can anyone tell me when I can expect the PR card

PBJ

Jun 26, 2015
Hi samirtaneja,
Did you receive your renewed PR card. I am in a similar situation. I had submitted the renewal of my and my Son's PR card on the same day (13 April 2022). We received a status of "Decisions Made" around the 18th May 2022. While my son's PR card was renewed and was mailed to us with 2 weeks of receiving the "Decision Made" status. however, I am still waiting to hear back from the IRCC on the status of my application.

Thanks
PBJ

moose83

Star Member
Aug 3, 2013
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th Feb 2016
AOR Received.
25th Feb 2016
Med's Done....
27th Feb 2016

Hi, could you please explain your case?

Were you outside or Inside Canada when you applied for your PR Card?
Were you able to meet the minimum days obligation?
If not, could you please share the procedure?

Thank You

regards

mmg_645

Jul 3, 2022
Hello everyone,
I'm in a difficult situation and would appreciate any advice possible.
Me and my parent had obtained a PR back in 2008, at the time I was a minor, and that PR card expired in 2013 (I was still a minor). Now, I wanted to explore my options for going to Canada, and I found out that my parent never renounced the PR and we never went to Canada since leaving. This means that I cannot apply for a visa or express entry until action is taken on the PR file (keep in mind I was a minor until 3 years ago). Now I'm wondering if there's a way for me to appeal on the PR for humanitarian and mitigating circumstances on the basis that I was a minor at the time and that now I'm seeking to migrate to Canada. Would such an appeal be a possibility ? I've contacted immigration consultants and recieved very mixed responses, so any help would be appreciated. Thank you.