+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
HighFive said:
Folks,

Our citizenship is in process but our PR cards are supposed to expire at the end of October this year.
I looked at CIC website and found out that CIC is able to process PR card renewals these days in 85 calendar days which less than 3 months.

Can you please advise when we should apply for PR cards renewals?
Somewhere at the end of July should be enough, correct?? Thanks.
Hi

Already sent for renewal before few days, will let you know for any update, it's also on the web but don't know how far it's fact

jala25

Jun 19, 2012
AJK_9 said:
Hi

Already sent for renewal before few days, will let you know for any update, it's also on the web but don't know how far it's fact

[/quote
hi
AJK_9
can u pl. guide me how a PR RENEWAL FORMS KIT AND GUIDE PACKAGE CAN BE RECEIVE from CIC office.
w/o down load from web site.
pl.help me
thanks

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AJK_9 said:
Hi

AKJ_9, can you please share when your PR card is supposed to expire and when did you apply for the renewal. Thanks.

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
jala25 said:
AJK_9 said:
Hi

[/quote
hi
AJK_9
can u pl. guide me how a PR RENEWAL FORMS KIT AND GUIDE PACKAGE CAN BE RECEIVE from CIC office.
w/o down load from web site.
pl.help me
thanks
Here is link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445ETOC.asp#appendixA

Pl read it, before filling forms you can also see video for how to fill the forms and other issues

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
HighFive said:
AKJ_9, can you please share when your PR card is supposed to expire and when did you apply for the renewal. Thanks.

It's expiring in May 2015 and applied in March 1st week

osamaamany

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Guys ...Usually CIC ask for a translation for all stamps in the passport which is not either in English or French ...I had a certified translation saved on a flash memory I did it through a certified translator on last April 2014.

1 - My question Can I use the same by printing a colored copy or I need to get it printed again on original letter head of the translator to be acceptable for CIC?

What do you think?

2- Also my PR end on Jan 28, 2016 but I am planing to apply end of April ..say April 30, 2015 as I read on the website that PR renewal could be done 9 month prior to expiry. I am doing so as my concern PR renewal may took a lot of time specially if it go for a secondary review. What do you advise?

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Hi

Here is latest update on the website

Last update: March 21, 2015

Type of application : Processing Times

New permanent residents : 25 calendar days

(This time applies if you have provided your mailing address in Canada)

Existing permanent residents
•renewals
•replacement
•initial cards

75 calendar days

If you require your PR card urgently, please follow these instructions.

(Working on applications received up to February 2, 2015)

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Hi

Here is email received today from processing office, also submitted color copies of passport but still they requested following

This refers to the application(s) for a Permanent Resident Card that you filed with this office. The purpose of this letter is to advise you that a preliminary review of your application has been completed and additional information is required before our final review can be completed. This will result in an additional delay. However, we will endeavor to finalize your application as soon as possible.

For the purposes of determining if you have upheld the residency obligations in meeting the requirements for a Permanent Resident Card and in accordance with Section 28 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, please provide us with proof of your residency in Canada for the period 20FEB2010 to 20FEB2015. Please submit a copy of the following documents dated within the period specified above:

1 - Complete pages (including blank pages) of your passport(s)/travel document(s) held in the last 5 years. Ensure all pages are in color and are clearly legible.

2 - Personal immigration entry/exit record or movement certificate issued by the countries where you have travelled

Anybody can advise for second requirement, what documents we have to submit

Thanks

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Re: PR Card Renewal - Urgent Please

Good Morning

Anybody can respond please for Movement Certificate

Thanks

osamaamany

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
AJK_9 said:
Hi

Here is email received today from processing office, also submitted color copies of passport but still they requested following

This refers to the application(s) for a Permanent Resident Card that you filed with this office. The purpose of this letter is to advise you that a preliminary review of your application has been completed and additional information is required before our final review can be completed. This will result in an additional delay. However, we will endeavor to finalize your application as soon as possible.

For the purposes of determining if you have upheld the residency obligations in meeting the requirements for a Permanent Resident Card and in accordance with Section 28 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, please provide us with proof of your residency in Canada for the period 20FEB2010 to 20FEB2015. Please submit a copy of the following documents dated within the period specified above:

1 - Complete pages (including blank pages) of your passport(s)/travel document(s) held in the last 5 years. Ensure all pages are in color and are clearly legible.

2 - Personal immigration entry/exit record or movement certificate issued by the countries where you have travelled

Anybody can advise for second requirement, what documents we have to submit

Thanks

Dear AJK_9

Can you advise what type of document you submitted with your application other than colored passport copy ? did you submit only the required document as per application or you add some more evidences of residency such as NOA, Bank statements, ....etc

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
osamaamany said:
Dear AJK_9

Can you advise what type of document you submitted with your application other than colored passport copy ? did you submit only the required document as per application or you add some more evidences of residency such as NOA, Bank statements, ....etc
Hi Osamaamany

Sent Tax Asst for last five years, I am just confused about second requirement, can you please advise

X Personal immigration entry/exit record or movement certificate issued by the countries where you have travelled

Have a nice weekend

osamaamany

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
I really wish if I can reply on the second requirement but I believe this is a ridiculous requirement as how you are going to ask for a report of movements from a country of which you visit once in your life or for some certain dates like for a week !!

For example ,, If i went on a vacation trip to Egypt for one week ..and that was only once in my life and never planned to go any more there again ..how I can ask the Egyptian airport officers or concerned agents in the immigration for such a movement report ..and how I will convey my requirement to them ...specially if they don't have an online for such requirement ?!!

I wish I will not be in the same situation when I applied for renewal

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AJK_9 said:
I am just confused about second requirement, can you please advise

X Personal immigration entry/exit record or movement certificate issued by the countries where you have travelled
1. What countries have you visited in the last 5 years?
Check here for info on how to get records of movement from some countries (I have accumulated this from my own research and the reports of other CIC applicants). https://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/records-of-movement/
2. For countries not listed, you will need to do research yourself. Call the embassy. Write down the time, date of your call, write down the name of the person you speak to. Records of Movement may or may not be available from certain countries. You cannot provide a document that does not exist, but you need to demonstrate that you tried to find it and have a reasonable basis for believing that such a document does not exist.
3. If it doesn't exist, try to provide an alternative (travel records and receipts as well as proof of presence in Canada).

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Hi Eileenf

Thanks, visited India n USA, tried to get but not succeeding, do you have any idea, pl advise

Here is few other opinions,

We can provide by own first part of this clause

They have requested either Personal immigration entry/exit record OR Movement certificate

So we have to describe In and Out Stamp in the passport by countries visited, do you think we can do that ?

Once again thanks