+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card renewal using Online Portal

SBYH

Jan 18, 2023
Hi, I submitted an a PR Card renewal through the online portal (January 12, 2023) including the payment receipt for the Application and Biometrics. When I submitted I didn’t receive any email confirmation or even an application reference number. It says it’s submitted though the ‘View’ action is greyed out. So here are my question….

1. Is this normal at this point? ie. ’Submitted’ and no follow up confirmations that it has been successfully submitted?
2. How long did it/does it take to receive the BIL?
3. Is there anything else I should be prepared for outside of just waiting for this thing to come through?

Appreciate any insight you all have.

jambu1602

Nov 20, 2022
Hello Folks.. I used online portal to renew my PR card. This site helped me to cross over some of hiccups and thought to share my updates.
So, My PR card is about to expire in March-2023, so, I decided to start my renewal around oct/nov-2022. But, I was in dilemma whether to go with Online portal or paper application. Since I have had few months in cutoff for the expiry, i decided to go with online portal.

I took my picture for PR and had a hardcopy. Then, used iphone to take a picture with proper lighting, both front and back. No editing on the image itself, just cropped to the right size with right pixels as stated. Anyways, the front side will have to be positioned as expected while we upload it in online portal., No restrictions in uploading the back.

Here are the timelines for me.
1. submitted the application on 2022-Nov-30 thru online portal
2. was able to find and link my renewal application with my ircc account on 2023-Jan-13
3. got an update on 2023-jan-18 in my ircc account that my application has been approved and below is the status message I see now.

"We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive. "

Here are my observations.
- No automatic email messages on the status change
- No update i can see in my PR portal(it's just as in 'Submitted' status still)
- I can't find my application in ecas online either
- Just use your ircc account(i did with signing partner(rbc)) and regularly, try finding your application with uci# and link it(apprx'ly after 40+ days)

I owe this forum for getting me thru at this state, so Im happy to share if there any questions for anyone.

SBYH

Jan 18, 2023
@jambu1602 Thanks!

So I initially attempted the paper version of the PR Renewal but I couldn’t get the thing to validate despite using Mac and PC, up-to-date versions of Adobe and even reverting. Nothing would get that thing to validate - absolutely unreal.

I also linked my application to IIRC. Here’s the weird things though…

1. It says my application was submitted on January 13, 2023 - which is actually incorrect, it was January 12, 2023 UTC according to the online portal but because I’m on the west coast technically it was like 5pm PST on January 11, 2023. Anyway - there’s the difference there.

2. When looking at the application status for this linked application it shows my original PR decision eg.
Latest update:
Final decision - June 21, 2017:Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

• Date Received: April 18, 2017
  • Biometrics:
    • Biometrics Number:
    • Date of Biometrics Enrolment:
    • Expiry Date:
It also shows my current PR card as being expired.

So I’m really confused as to whether this is technical issue (which I’ve already sent a webform about) or it’s just horrible UI and data-linking.

Either way, I’m only a week in so I don’t expect too much. How long did it take for your Biometrics Instruction Letter come?

jambu1602

Nov 20, 2022
You don't need biometrics for a PR renewal.. The one you have already shared should be valid for 10 years, If im not wrong.
At least, I didn't give or i wasn't asked to. I'd suggest wait for 1/1.5 months after your submission date for PR renewal to see any changes.

Reactions: sguru01

jambu1602

Nov 20, 2022
Hello Folks.. I used online portal to renew my PR card. This site helped me to cross over some of hiccups and thought to share my updates.
So, My PR card is about to expire in March-2023, so, I decided to start my renewal around oct/nov-2022. But, I was in dilemma whether to go with Online portal or paper application. Since I have had few months in cutoff for the expiry, i decided to go with online portal.

I took my picture for PR and had a hardcopy. Then, used iphone to take a picture with proper lighting, both front and back. No editing on the image itself, just cropped to the right size with right pixels as stated. Anyways, the front side will have to be positioned as expected while we upload it in online portal., No restrictions in uploading the back.

Here are the timelines for me.
1. submitted the application on 2022-Nov-30 thru online portal
2. was able to find and link my renewal application with my ircc account on 2023-Jan-13
3. got an update on 2023-jan-18 in my ircc account that my application has been approved and below is the status message I see now.

"We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive. "

Here are my observations.
- No automatic email messages on the status change
- No update i can see in my PR portal(it's just as in 'Submitted' status still)
- I can't find my application in ecas online either
- Just use your ircc account(i did with signing partner(rbc)) and regularly, try finding your application with uci# and link it(apprx'ly after 40+ days)

I owe this forum for getting me thru at this state, so Im happy to share if there any questions for anyone.
Update! Got the new PR card thru Canada post today(23rd-Jan-2023). It's real quick than i expected.
All along my online renewal process thru portal, I felt it's been very smooth.

Reactions: sguru01

greyzzzious

Sep 24, 2019
Hi, I submitted an a PR Card renewal through the online portal (January 12, 2023) including the payment receipt for the Application and Biometrics. When I submitted I didn’t receive any email confirmation or even an application reference number. It says it’s submitted though the ‘View’ action is greyed out. So here are my question….

1. Is this normal at this point? ie. ’Submitted’ and no follow up confirmations that it has been successfully submitted?
2. How long did it/does it take to receive the BIL?
3. Is there anything else I should be prepared for outside of just waiting for this thing to come through?

Appreciate any insight you all have.

greyzzzious

Sep 24, 2019
Hi,
We have the same situation. I did not received any confirmation email after submitting my PR card renewal application thru online portal. And same, it’s submitted and the view section is colored greyed. Did you have any updates now about your application? Did you already receive a confirmation email that they received your application? Thanks.

jambu1602

Nov 20, 2022
I didn't get the confirmation email either.. appears like it's the design. once submitted thru online portal, that's it.. we have no necessity to go in there. The status is not being updated but it should supposed to..probably, the app is broken there. In my case, I got the card , but still the application status in the portal is 'submitted'..:) So, once you submitted the online application. allow 40+ days before you try looking for your PR renewal application in your ircc account using UCI#. if IRCC 've created a file, you 'll find it in your search and will be able to link it. It takes a little time to get your file created, but once created, we 'll be getting the decision updates rather quickly..

greyzzzious

Sep 24, 2019
I didn't get the confirmation email either.. appears like it's the design. once submitted thru online portal, that's it.. we have no necessity to go in there. The status is not being updated but it should supposed to..probably, the app is broken there. In my case, I got the card , but still the application status in the portal is 'submitted'..:) So, once you submitted the online application. allow 40+ days before you try looking for your PR renewal application in your ircc account using UCI#. if IRCC 've created a file, you 'll find it in your search and will be able to link it. It takes a little time to get your file created, but once created, we 'll be getting the decision updates rather quickly..

greyzzzious

Sep 24, 2019
Thank you so much. I tried to link at gckey but I cannot link it yet. I will wait 40+ days for me to link it again. Thank you for your response. At least I have an idea now.

sguru01

May 11, 2021
Hi! Thanks for providing the details. When I connected my PR card renewal application to my IRCC account, it connects my first PR card application for some reason. Did you run into similar problem? The system recognizes old PR application for some reason. Do you think this is because I recently submitted my PR card renewal application (on Jan 25th) and should I try to link again in near future? Thanks!

Last edited:

jambu1602

Nov 20, 2022
Hi.. No, I didn't.. probably because that was my first pr renewal application. Anyways, pls give a try linking your application after ~30 days of submission.. good luck!..