+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal - Urgent Process

pc630

Mar 18, 2012
Just letting you guys know of our current PR card renewal process status update for those of you who are in the same position of needing to travel urgently and PR card is expiring.

CIC Sydney received our app on Mar 16 2012, started processing on Mar 19 and was approved on Mar 20.

sri_nadendla

Apr 3, 2012
Hi,

Just curious..Did you receive your PR card?

How long it took to send the new PR card to Local CIC office?

Please advise.

Thanks,
Sridhar

Devaa

Apr 2, 2012
Urgent pr card application process...

Sent my application on March 15. Cic sent back application saying pics were not right.

Resent application on march 30. Received on 2nd April, started processing 3rd April and decision made : approved on 4th April 2012.

Cici said they will mail the letter with in four weeks. I a, traveling on 18th. Hope to receive it before then.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Hi Devaa,

what all supporting and notarized docs did you send them ? Was it a big pile of stuff ? SO the basic forms the require PLUS extras ?????

Thanks

Devaa

Apr 2, 2012
Just the basic stuff along with a paid ticket and proof of payment. Make sure that you write urgnt- proof of travel included. I m waiting for my letter to pick up the card. Hope they local Cic will be easy too.

sri_nadendla

Apr 3, 2012
Hi Devaa,

Did you receive the letter to Pick-up the PR card?
My PR renewal status shows as Decision made on March 29th but still i did not receive the letter

Thanks,
Sridhar

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Sri, Deva,

When you applied for PR card renewal, How many days have you accumulated - I know it its 730+ - but where do you guys stand on how many days you accumulated ==> that is, 'on the day you signed PR card renewal application'

Thanks !

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Thanks !

Do keep us posted when you get the CIC letter and also about the interview experience when you go to pick up PR card.

Aslam67

Apr 16, 2012
I went canada in april, 2008 with my parents for only two weeks and since then I dint go to cananda, now I want to take admission in a canadian university as a permanent resident so I will go to canada in august, 2012 and my PR card is expiring in April, 2013.

1- What will be my process in renewing my PR card?
2- What will be my status after the expiration of my PR card?

Devaa

Apr 2, 2012
Us2wow..went to Cic without letteR as my travel date came very close..the officer was nice. She told me that I m vry close to not meeting my residence requirements. I explained her the sitatution. She thought for sometime anda told me..you may be in trouble if the immigration officer at the port of entry scrutinizes your application on reentry. I said I will Keep in mind her advise. She went inside and got my card.

Happy ending. Btw..went to Toronto office.

Mashhood

Apr 27, 2014
I applied on 30th April 2014 they rec on 5th may 2014
Today is 10th may 2014 nothing is showing on my status i have to leave on june 6th :(