+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card renewal timeline

neuroticdan

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
The CIC site says 66 days is the current lead time for PR Card renewal: "Working on applications received on July 18th". It's been like that for just over a week.

This is significantly shorter than a couple of months ago (93 days), great.

They received my application at the beginning of August, but the status still says: "We started working on your application on Sep 1". So not sure what to expect at this point, as I was hoping for more frequent updates.

Anyone applied recently for a PR Card renewal? Similar experience?

Thanks.

neuroticdan

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Hi , thanks. I do, but it's been stuck in "we've started processing your application on Sep 1" for almost a month now, is that normal?

Thanks!

bubulici

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
It normally stays in that stage for ~ 1 month.

But keep in mind that status does not get updated real-time; can easily be 1 week lag.

neuroticdan

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Last week the lead time was updated to 57 days: "working on applications received on Aug 10".

As per that forecast, I should've received my new card by Oct 1... My ECAS status still says: "we started processing your application on Sep 1". I've received no other e-mails since the AoR. Not sure what to think at this point.

Thoughts, anyone?

Thks.

winie

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
HI,

My wallet was stolen and it had my PR Card in it.

Applied for a Replacement - 12th September 2016
AOR - 28th September 2016
In Processing - 29th September 2016

I had also attached copy of police report, COPR and my stolen PR Card.

I am travelling to India in January and my tickets were booked way before the card got stolen.

Will I be able to get it before that (cause I 've heard that there is no processing of applications in December) or should I contact CIC regarding this to process my application faster?

And also I read in someone comments that Replacement of stolen or lost PR cards is little faster than renewal. IS it true?

Thanks!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
winie said:
HI,

My wallet was stolen and it had my PR Card in it.

Applied for a Replacement - 12th September 2016
AOR - 28th September 2016
In Processing - 29th September 2016

I had also attached copy of police report, COPR and my stolen PR Card.

I am travelling to India in January and my tickets were booked way before the card got stolen.

Will I be able to get it before that (cause I 've heard that there is no processing of applications in December) or should I contact CIC regarding this to process my application faster?

And also I read in someone comments that Replacement of stolen or lost PR cards is little faster than renewal. IS it true?

Thanks!
Processing time is around 57 days approx. CIC is working on applications since August 10th 2016. You should expect the PR card between next 1-2 months approx.

rihaf

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Once we get the AOR, how long does it take to get it updated on ecas? I got my AOR last wk but i cant access my ecas. Is tht normal?

neuroticdan

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
In my case it took a few days... I got the AoR on a Thursday, and ECAS didn't update until the next Monday or Tuesday.

rihaf

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
neuroticdan said:
In my case it took a few days... I got the AoR on a Thursday, and ECAS didn't update until the next Monday or Tuesday.
Ohk i got AOR on Friday n yet i cant access my ecas. Can anyone ekse help me out here telling if it's normal or not?

whammy2008

Star Member
Sep 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rihaf said:
Ohk i got AOR on Friday n yet i cant access my ecas. Can anyone ekse help me out here telling if it's normal or not?

It is normal.. it does take some days before you are able to access ecas

rihaf

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
neuroticdan said:
Last week the lead time was updated to 57 days: "working on applications received on Aug 10".

As per that forecast, I should've received my new card by Oct 1... My ECAS status still says: "we started processing your application on Sep 1". I've received no other e-mails since the AoR. Not sure what to think at this point.

Thoughts, anyone?

Thks.

Did u receive ur PR? Whts ur timeline?