PR Card Renewal - Timeline

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,

I would like to start a new thread PR Card Renewal - Timeline

ecas online shows:
We received your application for a permanent resident card on February 7, 2013.
We started processing your application on February 14, 2013.

I applied a regular application form to renew my expired PR card. I have completed 1130 days of physical presence in Toronto, Canada in the last 5 yr period.

I called CIC today and they told me that my file recently got moved to Hamilton, Ontario. I would like to know the timeline of other people too especially those who also applied around my date and understand if the delay in my application being approved is normal?

From the date my application started processing and till today its 158 days.

delray

Jan 21, 2013
Thanks for starting this thread, hope others share their experiences as the wait is quite nervewracking
This is my situation to date
According to on line status, my pr application was received April 18, 2013, started processing May 28, approved July 10. So far 85 days total and haven't heard anything aside from checking online. I will call center if I don't get contacted soon.

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called CIC office again today and they told me that my file has reached Hamilton office and they are doing additional investigation. When i applied for my PR Card renewal, i had completed 1130 days in the last 4 yrs. So, i think i am pretty safe.

I had also applied for my Citizenship application in the same week as i satisfied the criteria of being in Canada physically over 1095 days. Is this the reason my PR Card application is delayed. Any senior member Leon/PMM please look into this and reply. Thank you.

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
not to scare you but as i am in the same boat just thought to share. my file also was sent to hamilton and now in local office almost 11 months still eating dust..fyi i applied for renewal last yr sep. still waiting already have my gcms notes planning to go to mp very soon. please inform if something comes up.

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farid- said:
not to scare you but as i am in the same boat just thought to share. my file also was sent to hamilton and now in local office almost 11 months still eating dust..fyi i applied for renewal last yr sep. still waiting already have my gcms notes planning to go to mp very soon. please inform if something comes up.

It has been over 5 months since i applied for my PR Card renewal. I applied for PR Card renewal & Citizenship in the same week as i had completed 1130 days of physical presence in Canada in the last 4 yr period.

I read your other post. Why are you calling Hamilton office as special office? Isn't it like any other regular CIC local office. What does your GCMS notes say. Did it give any detail as to why they are causing the delay or are they waiting for any thing from other departments. Does the GCMS notes indicate any blocking. I will certainly let you know any updates in my case and you pls kindly so the same. Thank you.

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh my appologize I meant hamilton office also as local office not like special office. Sorry. N towards ur,question gmcs just said tht as I am just little over then the requirement just a month. So thts why they refered it to local office. God knows wht they are upto.

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
landed in canada after 4 yrs. almost staying outside. so means havent completed the residency requirements. landed on aug 2010. i could have stayed 2 yrs. then be done with renewal technically. i know but in my situation i had to sponsor my son and husband so ofcourse they got me in middle of the process of sponsorship. got residency questionnaire on feb.2012. just so you know never left canada since aug. 2010. working for really good company in canada, bought house, so things were smooth. after questionnaire i have been through residency interview. which thankfully was successful.
then after being through all tht roller coaster sent application for pr renewal. as by then residency requirements were completed. but since sep2012 i am waiting for renewal. according to notes i have requested they have sent my file to local office in jan.2012. now God knows wht they are upto.
so guys let the forum updated please.

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regarding my PR Card renewal, i have applied in Feb 2013. I submitted the file to Sydney, NS then got transferred to Hamilton, ON office now to Ottawa office. I am very worried as to what is happening with my PR Card renewal application. I called the CIC agent today who told me that it can take 36 months of processing time.

Leon please advice. Thank you.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Moe... said:
Regarding my PR Card renewal, i have applied in Feb 2013. I submitted the file to Sydney, NS then got transferred to Hamilton, ON office now to Ottawa office. I am very worried as to what is happening with my PR Card renewal application. I called the CIC agent today who told me that it can take 36 months of processing time.

Leon please advice. Thank you.
Apply for GCMS notes to see what is happening with your application. Also PR Card is only an issue if you need to travel. If you are visitor visa exempt to Canada or have a US visa you can still travel and return to Canada. US Visa option is for land entry. I do question what would happen if someone in this situation got refused entry into the US though?

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Msafiri,

Thank you for your reply. I am not from a visa exempt country and i do not have a valid US visa. I want to have a valid PR card in order to keep it up to date and if i may need to go out of the country, i shouldn't be worried. I do now know why CIC is making a big issue out of it by moving my file from Sydney to Hamilton now to Ottawa office. I have completed way more than 730 days of physical presence in Canada in the last 5 yr period. I am doubting if CIC would give me a hard time approving my Citizenship too. Scary!

I would like to know what Ottawa office would do or are supposed to do, if any one faced similar situation before. Thank you guys.

john_petrucci

May 2, 2013
Hi Moe,

How long did it take after you submitted your application to show up in the online system? What identification did you use to check the status?

purple shark

Jun 23, 2013
My file also got transferred to local office (London). Its only been 3 months, but what you are saying is worrisome, as I need to travel urgently (For family purposes) Would someone please clarify what GCMS notes are? Thanks

BTW we got questionnaires for both citizenship and PR applications, in the SAME month!!! Did you get a questionnaire? We got ours right after they sent us a paper saying there might be some delay because the app was transferred to local office.

I'd also like to inform you, we got our questionnaires at our residential address, not the mailing one. According to the call center, it must have been a mistake. Do you have two different addresses?

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi john_petrucci, from the date they received my application, i was able to see it online after 2 weeks. I use Client ID.

Hi purple shark, No i did not get questionnaire. My mailing address is same as residential address. How many days you have been in Canada in the last 5 yrs from the date Sydney received your application? My file moved from Sydney to Hamilton and now in Ottawa office. I wonder why they sent it to Ottawa office.