+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal stuck at "Decision made" for 2.5 years

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This would be her 2nd renewal since she arrived in 2013, she orignally was married and was sponsered by her husband, they had broken up before we had met, since the divorce she had already renewed without issue, She works in the tourism/hospitality industry. I would find it pretty offensive if someone thought she was involved in immigration fraud. she absolutely met the RO, we have spent a total of 3 months outside of canada in the past 7 years.
Immigration fraud can involve many people from your spouse. to her first husband, to the lawyer/consultant she used to file any of her IRCC applications, information that was part of each application, etc. Would suggest speaking to your spouse about all her IRCC applications from the very first one she applied to see if there were potentially any misrepresentation. She may have knowledge about her first husband’s interactions with IRCC and whether she had any concerns whether he had misrepresented anything or whether he used any immigration services that seemed questionable. Was there a reason she used a specific firm if she used one? For example people talk and there are firms that are known for being able to secure WPs for a certain fee, some are able to somehow overcome issues like not meeting your residency obligation or provide proof of a Canadian address/job while you are abroad, etc. Reviewing how she met her first spouse and whether there are any red flags associated with their immigration status and their ongoing interactions with IRCC. Her education and work background or education/workplace of her partners can also raise red flags especially when it comes to people originally from certain like China because there has been known spying and IP theft issues. It’s impossible to actually know what is going on with her application behind the scenes. There is a good chance you may never know what created the long delay in processing but I would start examining her whole history with IRCC and profile in general to perhaps identify areas of potential areas of concern.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
we may need to speak to a new lawyer, they did reccomend we submit a new application which we are looking into however we are hesitant to do so as that means we are starting over from scratch again which could delay things even further, In the mean time since she does hold a valid US visa we are going to plan our travel to china with a return flight to Seattle since we live in BC and then drive back over the border in our car as it's really our only option without her PR Card.

We have requested the GCMS notes yesterday but have not yet received them.
Well at least you have a way to depart and come back (via USA).

GCMS notes is supposed to take 30 days, not clear how well the govt is keeping up with these deadlines. You can speak to a lawyer before or after that, but I'd suggest not taking any drastic steps (eg cancelling current application) until you get the notes. Just so that you with lawyer can make an informed decision.

caloca

Nov 20, 2022
This would be her 2nd renewal since she arrived in 2013, she orignally was married and was sponsered by her husband, they had broken up before we had met, since the divorce she had already renewed without issue, She works in the tourism/hospitality industry. I would find it pretty offensive if someone thought she was involved in immigration fraud. she absolutely met the RO, we have spent a total of 3 months outside of canada in the past 7 years.
Hello, you say that this is her second card renewal, but if she arrived in 2013 her card must have expired in 2018. Did she wait 3 years before renewing her card in January 2021? If my logic is correct this would be its first renewal and not the second. Could you please explain a little to me? thanks in advance.

Collindubya

May 11, 2023
To update, We have received our GCMS notes this morning, it states that card was issued with an expiry of 2026, but no explanation of why her card was not mailed to us and that we have not to date been rescheduled to pick up the card or as to why the initial appointment was cancelled as well.

Collindubya

May 11, 2023
Hello, you say that this is her second card renewal, but if she arrived in 2013 her card must have expired in 2018. Did she wait 3 years before renewing her card in January 2021? If my logic is correct this would be its first renewal and not the second. Could you please explain a little to me? thanks in advance.
She applied for PR after she had arrived, she initially came here with her ex husband who sponsored her. you may be right,, this would be her 1st renewal, the 1st would have been her initally application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
To update, We have received our GCMS notes this morning, it states that card was issued with an expiry of 2026, but no explanation of why her card was not mailed to us and that we have not to date been rescheduled to pick up the card or as to why the initial appointment was cancelled as well.
How are you sure it wasn’t mailed to you? Would anything raise concern that you were not in Canada? Have you both living in Canada and working in Canada especially in the year before she applied for PR card renewal and since you applied for PR card renewal? Strange that the MP didn’t tell you that the care had been issued. I would contact your MP with this new information.