+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal status incorrectly says "picked up"

nicolaig

May 27, 2014
I checked the status of my PR renewal application online and it says something like

1. Received
2. Approved may 29
5. Picked up

I was never informed that it was ready, never picked anything up. Does this perhaps mean that it was picked up from the office to be shipped to me, or to a Toronto office? (I am in Toronto) Theres no date on when it says 'picked up'
I'm wondering if I should be worried and who should I contact if anyone?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
nicolaig said:
I checked the status of my PR renewal application online and it says something like

1. Received
2. Approved may 29
5. Picked up

I was never informed that it was ready, never picked anything up. Does this perhaps mean that it was picked up from the office to be shipped to me, or to a Toronto office? (I am in Toronto) Theres no date on when it says 'picked up'
I'm wondering if I should be worried and who should I contact if anyone?
You should call CIC ASAP and find out the status of this document. If you do not have it, you need to know where it is.

nicolaig

May 27, 2014
Thank you Alurra71. I phoned CIC at 1 888 242 2100 and it seems that my online status is old, from my last renewal in 2009 (which was picked up of course) and they have not yet started processing my current renewal application.

For anyone in the same situation, here's the advice I got:
I am leaving the country in 30 days and need the PR card to return, so I had submitted my application, about a month ago, according to their instructions for urgent processing. The agent I spoke to suggested that if I don't get the PR card in time I do the following:
Call the airline to ask whether they require that I have a current PR card to board their flight, though one is not necessary to leave Canada the airline might ask to see one. A PR card or temporary travel document will be required when I return both to board the flight and to re-enter Canada. So, when I get to my destination I should apply for a temporary travel document from the nearest visa office abroad and then use that when I return to Canada. Links to the application and where to pick them up abroad are below.

useful links:
Check your application status online: services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/
Aplication processing times: cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp
Travel document application: cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp
Visa offices abroad: cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
This seems pretty useful information. Thanks for sharing.