+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal -Smmoth Process with Multiple stamps

ranjan05

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Hi ,
My PR Card is expiring in Nov , 2012. I am applying for PR Card renewal. I work overseas in Oilfield on Rotational Jobs. I travel every 4 weeks out of country. Then, I come back for my days off for 4 weeks. I have around 1000 Days in last 5 years . I have a lot of stamps in ,y passport. Also, few canadian entry stamp are missing. However, I have all the boarding card for my all journets. i pay taxes in canada. as per new procedure, CIC is asking for all passports copy, i will be sending all of that. What other documents should i send so that i do not run in RQ & get my pR card in 2-3 months without any RQ etc. Please advise.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are confusing two different processes.

To renew PR, you do not need to send photocopies of passport stamps. Read the instructions for renewal and only send what is required. Also, there is no RQ for PR card renewal.

To apply for citizenship, you may have to send photocopies of passport stamps. RQ may be required in some cases where officer is not satisfied or is unable to determine residency days.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are right, but no RQ. If they want to verify info, they will require you to pick up your card at which point they will interview you. Therefore it should not take longer either way.

I am not sure but I think I read somewhere that you can request your entry/exit record from CBSA. I hope someone can comment in that.

In your case since you have many stamps in passport, and where some are missing, you may want to include something that will confirm your entry and exits. But if you don't, and they ask you to come pick it up from the office along with passport(s) and other proofs, then take everything you could possibly think about to prove your entries, exits, and residency (bank statements, credit cards statements, receipts, leases, memberships, tax return, boarding passes, itinerary, duty receipts, etc.)

ranjan05

Star Member
May 22, 2012
I have around 15-20 Stamps & Visa from Arab Countries. Everything is in Arbic. What should I do , should I get whole Passport pages translated in English or only the stamp Translated. Anyways, it will cost around 1000 Dollras. Should I use non-certified Translator , can he give affiddavit . Libyan stamp atleast date is in English. Egypt wverything is in Arabic. I have around 20 visas & stamp. Please advice.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Use translator with affidavit who is not a family member or relative. Translate only the pages that has stamps in different languages. Try to make it as clear and organized as possible. Have your translator write the date of entry or exit along with the county and the name of the border crossing in the same page and sign below. Attach an affidavit that lists the pages in the passport(s) that were translated.

ranjan05

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Leon Please Advice

I have done translation of my passport stamps . I will be submitting PR Card Renewal aplication along with Translated copy of Passports. However, Am I also supposed to send a Excel Sheet with Matching Page number of passport stamps. Or I just keep it handy & show them when I go for pick up PR cARD. Beacause I doubt they will check all my excel sheet, boarding cards etc, If i attach them with renewal aplication. I have 1000 days in canda. I am planning to send only passport copy & translated passport copy. Other thing I will prepare & keep it with me. I want to avoid any RQ etc which will delay my PR card renewal . My Pr card is valid upto Nov, 2012. I am applying under normal PR Card Renewal processes.Please advice. I have 1000 days in canada in last 5 year

ranjan05

Star Member
May 22, 2012
I am getting all my Indian Passport Translated for Visa Stamp with Certified Translator. Does it need to be Certified also by Notary Public as it it a Translation and CIC website says it has to be certified & Translated. Has anybody done that ?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Wrong thread in the wrong topic. Try http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/family-class-sponsorship-b5.0/