+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal Secondary Review

rehanrana

Apr 14, 2016
Anyone recently got a secondary review while applying for PR card renewal?

I am applying my PR renewal with 1090 days outside. Will it trigger secondary review?

IndianBos

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-Jun-2014
Nomination.....
16-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
11-Dec-2014
Med's Request
24-Apr-2015 (Delayed for adding a child)
Med's Done....
9-May-2015 (Updated 29-May-2015)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-Jun-2015 (mailed 29-June-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
7-Sep-2015

I am applying my PR renewal with 1090 days outside. Will it trigger secondary review?
No one can say with certainty whether it will trigger a secondary review or not. However, you are "cutting it close" by applying at 1090 days.
Whether a review will be triggered or not will depend on your travel history in the last 5 years. If you have been continuously in Canada for more than 730 days, chances are lower. But then, it is difficult to predict and depends on what the IRCC agent sees on your file.

Reactions: dpenabill

OmarSarfraz

Jul 25, 2014
No one can say with certainty whether it will trigger a secondary review or not. However, you are "cutting it close" by applying at 1090 days.
Whether a review will be triggered or not will depend on your travel history in the last 5 years. If you have been continuously in Canada for more than 730 days, chances are lower. But then, it is difficult to predict and depends on what the IRCC agent sees on your file.
If we have lived continously 750 days in Canada and are enrolled in a University here. Will that also trigger a secondary review?

IndianBos

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-Jun-2014
Nomination.....
16-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
11-Dec-2014
Med's Request
24-Apr-2015 (Delayed for adding a child)
Med's Done....
9-May-2015 (Updated 29-May-2015)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-Jun-2015 (mailed 29-June-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
7-Sep-2015
If we have lived continously 750 days in Canada and are enrolled in a University here. Will that also trigger a secondary review?
Chances are low, but again, it depends on the IRCC. You shouldn't be concerned about secondary reviews if you know you are compliant.

Reactions: Buletruck

rehanrana

Apr 14, 2016
hi what happened t ur app? im in similar situation
I got secondary review, just submitted scanned vopies of all pages of passport and travel history report from country of citizenship and residence.

Let's see when I get feedback.

winlovesca

Jun 4, 2022
My family got the secondary review last year. We took slightly over a year to receive the new pr card.
Hi! I got a secondary review. I just want to know how many months did your family have to wait to get your pr card? Also, was it because your family were outside Canada for more than 1, 095 days? thank u!!

winlovesca

Jun 4, 2022
I got secondary review, just submitted scanned vopies of all pages of passport and travel history report from country of citizenship and residence.

Let's see when I get feedback.
hey there! Any updates? Were you able to get your PR card? If so, how many months did you have to wait? Thank you!!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi! I got a secondary review. I just want to know how many months did your family have to wait to get your pr card? Also, was it because your family were outside Canada for more than 1, 095 days? thank u!!
secondary review is usually because you are very close to the 1095days but still compliant or you travel extremely frequently.

PrinceK

Nov 26, 2011

Let’s suppose I moved for good and settled permanently on the last day of my third year of my 5 years PR. Do I need to list my travel history in details even vacations for the 3 years where I was non resident for tax purposes or just the countries where I lived 6 months or more in the said 3 years - PR card renewal form?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Let’s suppose I moved for good and settled permanently on the last day of my third year of my 5 years PR. Do I need to list my travel history in details even vacations for the 3 years where I was non resident for tax purposes or just the countries where I lived 6 months or more in the said 3 years - PR card renewal form?
Follow the instructions but believe you need to mention all travels in the last 5 years.

Reactions: YVR123

drdenil

Jul 4, 2014
Hi,
I had got RC 1 category stamp on my passport when I applied for PRTD. So on that basis I have travelled down to Canada and applied for my PR card renewal. But it has been more than 4 months and I don't have any update yet. It is still under eligibility review. So need expert opinion whether it has gone under Secondary review?
Thanks

drdenil

Jul 4, 2014
hey there! Any updates? Were you able to get your PR card? If so, how many months did you have to wait? Thank you!!
How do u come to know that ur application is under Secondary Review? I mean did u received any message or mail from IRCC?