+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal- Same Day and Next Day Trips

Maruchan

Star Member
Oct 9, 2016
Hello, I recently applied for PR Card renewal. I fulfil the RO. I am a daily commuter to US for work purpose hence I have a lot of same day trips(leave Canada in morning and come back evening) and next day trips(leave Canada today and come back tomorrow- stayed the night in US). I understand that these are not calculated as absence since the total period outside Canada is less than 24 hours.

I applied using the PR Portal and The PR portal did not let me put same day trips(gave an error). But I did not enter next day trips. I was wondering would it affect or delay my PR Card renewal negatively? I have entered all the absences 1 day or more though.

Please let me know if anyone in same situation and got their PR Card renewed.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, I recently applied for PR Card renewal. I fulfil the RO. I am a daily commuter to US for work purpose hence I have a lot of same day trips(leave Canada in morning and come back evening) and next day trips(leave Canada today and come back tomorrow- stayed the night in US). I understand that these are not calculated as absence since the total period outside Canada is less than 24 hours.

I applied using the PR Portal and The PR portal did not let me put same day trips(gave an error). But I did not enter next day trips. I was wondering would it affect or delay my PR Card renewal negatively? I have entered all the absences 1 day or more though.

Please let me know if anyone in same situation and got their PR Card renewed.
Can't you apply by paper?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In other words, he sent a incomplete application.
How is that "in other words"?
If the application has already been submitted, albeit incomplete in your view, it doesn't change the fact that...the application has already been submitted, right? You asked if the OP could send a paper application, but...it's too late.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How is that "in other words"?
If the application has already been submitted, albeit incomplete in your view, it doesn't change the fact that...the application has already been submitted, right? You asked if the OP could send a paper application, but...it's too late.
If the application got returned as incomplete, then it's ... not late.

What's your view btw?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

Personal opinion: you've submitted an incomplete travel history with incorrect information. Yes, it could well take quite a bit longer to be finalzied, because there is a possibility they will open it, find you have not submitted correct information, and decide they must check everything.

I could be wrong of course. But the fact is, it is a wildly incorrect and untruthful travel history. It doesn't matter if it's all the same in the end ie. days in Canada total to the same number.

I would personally suggest withdrawing this application, re-doing it - and if the system won't let you enter same-day trips, then do it on paper - and include a letter explaining you submitted before IN ERROR because [reasons] and then realized your error and decided to re-do.

But that's my suggestion, I can't say for certain.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If the application got returned as incomplete, then it's ... not late.

What's your view btw?
Meaning that it's too late (or makes no sense) to submit a paper application when one has already been submitted online. Where did the OP state that the application was returned?

Some members here have stated previously, in other threads, that `day trips' don't have to be included...but IMHO, that was always bad advice.

So, rather than call the OP's application `incomplete', I say that it's not accurate/truthful. Big difference from being incomplete.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Meaning that it's too late (or makes no sense) to submit a paper application when one has already been submitted online. Where did the OP state that the application was returned?
Do you read there's a "If" at the start of my sentence?

pavan55

Apr 10, 2017
Thanks for the post and suggestions. I am facing the same issue while applying for PR renewal on the online portal. Looks like the paper is only way to go for me.

canada2234

Feb 15, 2024
Hello, I became a PR a while back but haven't been in Canada for a couple of years and just moved back to Canada a while back. Because of the RO, I wasn't able to renew at first; I just met the RO last January. I applied for a PR renewal via paper application on Jan 25th, 2024 and I still haven't received any AOR, and I'm not able to connect my application to the IRCC portal. I called the IRCC yesterday, hoping to get an application number. However, they told me there's no application on file.

I'm confused about the process. Do they send AOR when they receive it, or is it only after starting the file and processing it? Also, since most people here applied online, did anyone submit a paper application, How long did it take?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, I became a PR a while back but haven't been in Canada for a couple of years and just moved back to Canada a while back. Because of the RO, I wasn't able to renew at first; I just met the RO last January. I applied for a PR renewal via paper application on Jan 25th, 2024 and I still haven't received any AOR, and I'm not able to connect my application to the IRCC portal. I called the IRCC yesterday, hoping to get an application number. However, they told me there's no application on file.

I'm confused about the process. Do they send AOR when they receive it, or is it only after starting the file and processing it? Also, since most people here applied online, did anyone submit a paper application, How long did it take?
Did you send the application with a way to track it, versus just sticking it in a mailbox? If not...you have no way to know if it was received, right?

AOR is generally received as soon as IRCC accepts/receives the application. FWIW, some people never receive AOR. Aside from checking daily, there's not much you can do unless/until you decide to submit a new application, of course.

Good luck!

canada2234

Feb 15, 2024
Did you send the application with a way to track it, versus just sticking it in a mailbox? If not...you have no way to know if it was received, right?

AOR is generally received as soon as IRCC accepts/receives the application. FWIW, some people never receive AOR. Aside from checking daily, there's not much you can do unless/until you decide to submit a new application, of course.

Good luck!
No, I just mailed it. I’ll just wait for two more weeks since that’s the timeline I’m seeing most people get theirs in. if not I’ll try contacting my MP or reaching out for IRCC again. Anyways, Thank you