18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
Good Afternoon Everyone,

My wife submitted her PR renewal application and after 1 month she received an email form CIC PR -CPC to submit additional requirements within 30 days and she comply and submitted the required documents the next day. It's been 1 month and a half and found out that, when submitting the additional document she must included the email copy from CIC PR - CPC stating the said instructions. But we forgot to include that email copy.

Everything is followed accordingly and even the reply must address to the agent that was assigned on the application except to that email copy from them that we forgot to include. I checked online and still in process (ECAS).

Will the CIC will reject the renewal of PR card because of that? what do you think?

Reactions: vida7

Tri-Cities

Aug 10, 2015
You're talking about PR CARD renewal? ;D

Talking about the checklists and instructions, as far as I know they (CIC/IRCC) always ask the applicants to send the checklist or instructions with the application and papers.

I highly doubt that the officer will reject the renewal of the PR card because of this mistake. The important part is that they got all the documents they've asked for and that your wife meets the RO's.

Don't worry too much, she'll be fine. You might don't like it but you have to wait and be patient :)

cheers!

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
Hehe thank you tri-cities

harmanlit

Apr 15, 2015
Dear Friend

Can you please tell how many days your wife were in canda in last 5 year and what documnet they requested now.

harman

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
Legal changed name document. Because when we get married, she changed her last name which is my last name. The cic accepted it because we sent also the copy of our marriage certificate but not her middle name, because her middle name now is her last name before get married. When she renewed her PR the cic asks for legal change name document so that they can include that middle name on PR card renewal. We sent a copy of SIN, Drivers license, health card. all are name on that are updated "new middle name and new last name after marriage"

rihaf

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
pedropil said:
Legal changed name document. Because when we get married, she changed her last name which is my last name. The cic accepted it because we sent also the copy of our marriage certificate but not her middle name, because her middle name now is her last name before get married. When she renewed her PR the cic asks for legal change name document so that they can include that middle name on PR card renewal. We sent a copy of SIN, Drivers license, health card. all are name on that are updated "new middle name and new last name after marriage"

How did you update sin, health card n all without getting PR updated? How did u get legal name chnge document? Which country do u brling to? 'M sorry for so many questions but m in the sane boat m too worried pls guide

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
rihaf said:
How did you update sin, health card n all without getting PR updated? How did u get legal name chnge document? Which country do u brling to? 'M sorry for so many questions but m in the sane boat m too worried pls guide
Which province do you live in? What is your exact question and I can hopefully provide you with an answer regarding the name change.

rihaf

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
thecoolguysam said:
Which province do you live in? What is your exact question and I can hopefully provide you with an answer regarding the name change.
I landed in Canada this year on Spousal PR. Just now i changed my last name to my husbands surname in my passport n ID card of my home country. Now i have sent a PR renwal application for name change. I have yet not changed my last name on my SIN, health card cuz i was told they will be needing my updated PR so thts y i sent PR application first. M thinking if i did it right?
Secondly, i see on someone's comment saying they were asked for legal name change doc. So wht that? I dont have tht...
n m in Toronto
I got acknowledgement last Friday n i still cant access my ecas is tht normal?
I would be really thankful for ur help

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
rihaf said:
I landed in Canada this year on Spousal PR. Just now i changed my last name to my husbands surname in my passport n ID card of my home country. Now i have sent a PR renwal application for name change. I have yet not changed my last name on my SIN, health card cuz i was told they will be needing my updated PR so thts y i sent PR application first. M thinking if i did it right?
Secondly, i see on someone's comment saying they were asked for legal name change doc. So wht that? I dont have tht...
n m in Toronto
I got acknowledgement last Friday n i still cant access my ecas is tht normal?
I would be really thankful for ur help
I am from BC thus I don't have knowledge about Ontario however you can try the following.
I suppose you don't need legal name change. All you need to do is to just visit service canada/Service ontario office and show your marriage certificate , landing paper etc and they will update your name on your SIN. Contact the Ontario Health Services and get the name changed as well in there. I suppose when you applied for PR card renewal, you must have sent your copies of your passport showing new name and also the copy of your marriage certificate right?
Also you need to change name with canada revenue agency and drivers license etc.
Try accessing ecas using your maiden's name and if that does not work try accessing your husband's surname. By the way which country are you from?

Here are some helpful links:
https://www.ontario.ca/page/change-your-last-name
https://www.ontario.ca/page/health-card-renewal-replacement-and-cancellation#section-8
http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/lifeevents/marriage.shtml

rihaf

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
thecoolguysam said:
I am from BC thus I don't have knowledge about Ontario however you can try the following.
I suppose you don't need legal name change. All you need to do is to just visit service canada/Service ontario office and show your marriage certificate , landing paper etc and they will update your name on your SIN. Contact the Ontario Health Services and get the name changed as well in there. I suppose when you applied for PR card renewal, you must have sent your copies of your passport showing new name and also the copy of your marriage certificate right?
Also you need to change name with canada revenue agency and drivers license etc.
Try accessing ecas using your maiden's name and if that does not work try accessing your husband's surname. By the way which country are you from?

Here are some helpful links:
https://www.ontario.ca/page/change-your-last-name
https://www.ontario.ca/page/health-card-renewal-replacement-and-cancellation#section-8
http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/lifeevents/marriage.shtml
Thanku so much for ur help. M from Pakistan n i got married in Dubai. Iv sent my new n old passport. My new ID from Pakistan n also marriage certificate. But wen i called service canada n cic help line they all told me first my PR will change n then SIN n health card. M just hoping for best
I tried accessing my evad through many ways but still i cant :/

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
rihaf said:
Thanku so much for ur help. M from Pakistan n i got married in Dubai. Iv sent my new n old passport. My new ID from Pakistan n also marriage certificate. But wen i called service canada n cic help line they all told me first my PR will change n then SIN n health card. M just hoping for best
I tried accessing my evad through many ways but still i cant :/
Did you have a surname on your passport that you have used to land in Canada for the first time?

Mine was a legal name change and i changed it in 2012 in BC. I just replaced my sin card, health card first with the new name and then changed my pr card and my passport after. Maybe Ontario has different rules than BC.

rihaf

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
thecoolguysam said:
Did you have a surname on your passport that you have used to land in Canada for the first time?

Mine was a legal name change and i changed it in 2012 in BC. I just replaced my sin card, health card first with the new name and then changed my pr card and my passport after. Maybe Ontario has different rules than BC.
I had my fathers surname on my passport n Par wen i landed on my spousal PR. Just now i changed my surname to my husbands surname n changed my passport n Nation ID of Pakistan n now iv applied for Par name change

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
rihaf said:
I had my fathers surname on my passport n Par wen i landed on my spousal PR. Just now i changed my surname to my husbands surname n changed my passport n Nation ID of Pakistan n now iv applied for Par name change
It takes almost 7-10 days approx for e-cas to activate. Try to check e-cas once 7-10 days have passed. Try using your father's surname and if that does not work try your husband's surname.

rihaf

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
thecoolguysam said:
It takes almost 7-10 days approx for e-cas to activate. Try to check e-cas once 7-10 days have passed. Try using your father's surname and if that does not work try your husband's surname.
Thanku so much i guess i shld wait