+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal Questions

epmarshall

Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

It's been a while since I've been on here thanks to the great advice I received before. I am up to renew my PR card for May and have a few questions. I'd be really grateful for any support just to double-check some things, since this is triggering my old PR anxiety from back when I was applying. Thanks so much in advance and here are the questions!

I am filling out form IMM5444e.

1.) Section 1.2 UCI Number. (I don't have one of these right now as far as I know? What should I put here?)

2.) Section 1.5 Place you became a PR in Canada. Do they want me to list the specific office where I landed that day? So if I landed at the CIC Etobicoke office, would my port of entry be Etobicoke, even if I'd already been in Canada the whole time?

3.) Section 2.13 Date you were married or entered into a common law relationship. I have my old statutory declaration of common law and we've been living together since 9-7-15. Does that mean the date we entered common law was 9-8-16?

4.) I got turned away at the border once back in 2014. Does this count for anything like removal order or the inadmissibility report mentioned in sections 3.1-3.2? I am thinking this is not the same thing, but just want to be sure.

5.) Section 3.5 asks if I've ever been issued a travel document, but I don't know what that is. As far as I know, I've only ever used my US passport to travel and I've been here since. I guess I'm just looking for confirmation to ignore that part.

6.) How do they want me to sign this at the end? Do I print and sign or is this something that I'll do online once I hit validate on the form?

I appreciate this forum and its tolerance for all my questions so much. Sorry to overload and thank you again!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

It's been a while since I've been on here thanks to the great advice I received before. I am up to renew my PR card for May and have a few questions. I'd be really grateful for any support just to double-check some things, since this is triggering my old PR anxiety from back when I was applying. Thanks so much in advance and here are the questions!

I am filling out form IMM5444e.

1.) Section 1.2 UCI Number. (I don't have one of these right now as far as I know? What should I put here?)

2.) Section 1.5 Place you became a PR in Canada. Do they want me to list the specific office where I landed that day? So if I landed at the CIC Etobicoke office, would my port of entry be Etobicoke, even if I'd already been in Canada the whole time?

3.) Section 2.13 Date you were married or entered into a common law relationship. I have my old statutory declaration of common law and we've been living together since 9-7-15. Does that mean the date we entered common law was 9-8-16?

4.) I got turned away at the border once back in 2014. Does this count for anything like removal order or the inadmissibility report mentioned in sections 3.1-3.2? I am thinking this is not the same thing, but just want to be sure.

5.) Section 3.5 asks if I've ever been issued a travel document, but I don't know what that is. As far as I know, I've only ever used my US passport to travel and I've been here since. I guess I'm just looking for confirmation to ignore that part.

6.) How do they want me to sign this at the end? Do I print and sign or is this something that I'll do online once I hit validate on the form?

I appreciate this forum and its tolerance for all my questions so much. Sorry to overload and thank you again!
1. You DO have a UCI number because you are a PR. Contact IRCC if you are unable to find yours (Google IRCC contact number)

2. It is the location of where you actually became a PR (Etobicoke, ON.), NOT the PoE where you had last entered Canada (unless they were the same, i.e. Toronto's Pearson airport.

3. Yes, but not exactly sure it would be 9-8, or 9-7, since you do count the first day that you started cohabiting. Either way should be fine.

4. You were refused entry, which needs to be disclosed if the question asks if you have ever been refused/denied entry into Canada, even if it's part of a question asking about removal.

5. Your US passport is your travel document.

6. There seems to be a lot of issues with the online process, so I will defer to others. I would suggest print,sign,scan and upload, but...wait for others.

Reactions: epmarshall

epmarshall

Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. You DO have a UCI number because you are a PR. Contact IRCC if you are unable to find yours (Google IRCC contact number)

2. It is the location of where you actually became a PR (Etobicoke, ON.), NOT the PoE where you had last entered Canada (unless they were the same, i.e. Toronto's Pearson airport.

3. Yes, but not exactly sure it would be 9-8, or 9-7, since you do count the first day that you started cohabiting. Either way should be fine.

4. You were refused entry, which needs to be disclosed if the question asks if you have ever been refused/denied entry into Canada, even if it's part of a question asking about removal.

5. Your US passport is your travel document.

6. There seems to be a lot of issues with the online process, so I will defer to others. I would suggest print,sign,scan and upload, but...wait for others.
Thanks, Ponga! Oh, okay they want the same old UCI number got it. I do have the old one I just need to go find it and I see others have said it's on the PR card as well.

About my 4th question on being denied entry, I don't think it asks specifically about being denied entry. But I will just answer no to the other questions and in the box I will give the old explanation for it that I used to on all my other PR docs. Just so everything is disclosed. I appreciate your clear answers to my other questions, so thanks so much for all you do here.

epmarshall

Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
UCI# is the same as the eight digit number on the front of your PR card, in the field entitled ID No.

You should also be able to find it on the COPR you were issued way back when, assuming you kept a copy.
Thanks so much armoured for the valuable info! I appreciate it.