+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal - Questions

sethu10

Feb 9, 2018
Hi,

I had applied for PR card renewal sometime last year using the PR Portal. The application processing started in Nov 20 2022. Then I got a notification on Nov 26, 2022 that my application has been "RETURNED". When I logged into the Portal, all the sections were marked "COMPLETE" except the solemn declaration section . I wasn't sure what was missing in the declaration since I had checked all the boxes during the initial submission. So I accepted all the checkboxes and submitted again. When I log in to check for the Status, it always keeps saying "RETURNED". This has been happening for over 2 months.

So today I went inside the main application form which was marked as "Complete". went through all the sections and "Saved" the form again. After I did that, the status changed to "Ready to Submit". I accepted all the checkboxes in the Declaration section and when I submitted today, Now the status says it is "Submitted".

Questions:

1. Is what I did the right way to submit the application after it gets "RETURNED"?
  2. Should I call the CIC and find out what the original reason for my initial application return. If so, what is the number I should call?
  3. I also see mentioned in the forum that I can check the status by linking the application to another CIC website using GC Key? How do I do that?

From my experience, Using the online application for PR Renewal is a horrible experience and I should have used the paper route instead.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I had applied for PR card renewal sometime last year using the PR Portal. The application processing started in Nov 20 2022. Then I got a notification on Nov 26, 2022 that my application has been "RETURNED". When I logged into the Portal, all the sections were marked "COMPLETE" except the solemn declaration section . I wasn't sure what was missing in the declaration since I had checked all the boxes during the initial submission. So I accepted all the checkboxes and submitted again. When I log in to check for the Status, it always keeps saying "RETURNED". This has been happening for over 2 months.

So today I went inside the main application form which was marked as "Complete". went through all the sections and "Saved" the form again. After I did that, the status changed to "Ready to Submit". I accepted all the checkboxes in the Declaration section and when I submitted today, Now the status says it is "Submitted".

Questions:

1. Is what I did the right way to submit the application after it gets "RETURNED"?
  2. Should I call the CIC and find out what the original reason for my initial application return. If so, what is the number I should call?
  3. I also see mentioned in the forum that I can check the status by linking the application to another CIC website using GC Key? How do I do that?

From my experience, Using the online application for PR Renewal is a horrible experience and I should have used the paper route instead.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Have you received anything in the mail from IRCC when it comes to your returned application. Assume you are living in Canada and haven’t moved recently. Any email and have you looked in spam?

Reactions: sethu10

sethu10

Feb 9, 2018
Thanks for the quick response.

The email I received "PR Portal (PR card/PRTD application) - Your application status has been updated" doesn't have any specific information on why the application got returned. It is just a generic message that my application status got updated.

Will I be able to find the information in the Portal or does it get overwritten?

Without the information as to why my application got rejected:

1. Should I call the CIC and find out what the original reason for my initial application return. If so, what is the number I should call?
  2. I also see mentioned in the forum that I can check the status by linking the application to another CIC website using GC Key? How do I link the portal to the other website?
Thanks.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
When I logged into the Portal, all the sections were marked "COMPLETE" except the solemn declaration section . I wasn't sure what was missing in the declaration since I had checked all the boxes during the initial submission. So I accepted all the checkboxes and submitted again.
Did you SIGN the solemn declaration? It sounds like that has been the issue, or at least that is usualliy the issue - print, sign, scan and include, don't just rely on the electronic signature.

If you just sent, I would do this again - now - and send by webform, indicate your UCI#.

Reactions: sethu10

sethu10

Feb 9, 2018
Thanks for the quick response. Since I had already re-submitted the application 1 more time yesterday, the Portal is not allowing me to view the Solemn Declaration for downloading to resubmit again. But as you advised, I have just submitted the WebForm with my query and provided my UCI. Hopefully they can provide me with an explanation. Fingers Crossed. Thanks again for the help.

sethu10

Feb 9, 2018
Also when I submitted the application online, I definitely signed the solemn declaration form. Is there anyway to get a PDF version of the solemn declaration form that I can get from CIC site for submitting via Webform?

RockyStar1985

Apr 20, 2017
Also when I submitted the application online, I definitely signed the solemn declaration form. Is there anyway to get a PDF version of the solemn declaration form that I can get from CIC site for submitting via Webform?
hi there, is there any update on your application? I had the same issue and re-submitted the application today. Did you submit the solemn declaration via webform?

sethu10

Feb 9, 2018
No I couldn't submit the solemn declaration through the web form since I couldn't download them from the PR Portal. If you figure it out, please do let me know as well.