+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card renewal process

Alek2906

Mar 20, 2018
Dear friends,

CIC have receive my application for renewal of PR Card on January 3 2018 via Canada Post service.
Can somebody provide me with information, how much time it it takes for answer?
I have been on CIC site, but last update is from March 4 2018 and there is info about 80 day waiting period.

punjabiii

Jun 6, 2012
The status on the website just charged today, they are caught up to Jan 2, 2018 applications. We just got an email this morning that our application as been received as on Jan 2nd.Hopefully the next update will happen on the website in a week or so, your application will be received by then and you will get an email confirming receipt of application.

Reactions: LetMtl and Alek2906

Jajaja08

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
The status on the website just charged today, they are caught up to Jan 2, 2018 applications. We just got an email this morning that our application as been received as on Jan 2nd.Hopefully the next update will happen on the website in a week or so, your application will be received by then and you will get an email confirming receipt of application.
What does the email say?

Jajaja08

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
that our application has been received as on Jan 2nd
Does it have something like this?

Once the card is produced, it will either be:

• Mailed directly to you, or
  • Be randomly selected for in-person pick up.
    • this random selection for in-person pick up allows IRCC to gather information for improving the processing of PR Card applications. If your card is selected for pick up, you will be informed of the date, time and location of the pick-up and the documents you should bring with you.

Alek2906

Mar 20, 2018
Dear frined,

I have also received e-mail today, seaing that aplicaappli has been received on 3/01/2018.
Thank you for your reply

Reactions: punjabiii

punjabiii

Jun 6, 2012
Does it have something like this?

Once the card is produced, it will either be:

• Mailed directly to you, or
  • Be randomly selected for in-person pick up.
    • this random selection for in-person pick up allows IRCC to gather information for improving the processing of PR Card applications. If your card is selected for pick up, you will be informed of the date, time and location of the pick-up and the documents you should bring with you.
No nothing of this sort is in the email.

punjabiii

Jun 6, 2012
Even though we got the email that application is received, we still cant check the status of the application, no tracking available still.

Does anyone has knowledge how long do CIC really take to process/make a decision about an application.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even though we got the email that application is received, we still cant check the status of the application, no tracking available still.

Does anyone has knowledge how long do CIC really take to process/make a decision about an application.
It varies. Some people were put under secondary review, got their cards a year or more. My wife got it in 3 months.

punjabiii

Jun 6, 2012
As per e-CAS system, here is the timeline as shown

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 2, 2018.

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 22, 2018.

3. We started processing your application on March 22, 2018.

And it also shows the status as DECISION MADE.

Is it good to assume that our PR card renewal application has been approved.

Will this status further update and will we know if we are getting the card in mail or will we have to go pick it up at local CIC office.

Please provide your thoughts

greatdominion

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
As per e-CAS system, here is the timeline as shown

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 2, 2018.

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 22, 2018.

3. We started processing your application on March 22, 2018.

And it also shows the status as DECISION MADE.

Is it good to assume that our PR card renewal application has been approved.

Will this status further update and will we know if we are getting the card in mail or will we have to go pick it up at local CIC office.

Please provide your thoughts
i got the same timeline, does that mean our PR card are approuved and will be sent soon ?

LetMtl

Jan 21, 2018
Hi,
Where do you go to check the status of your application? What is e-CAS? Do you need to have a file number or something similar to check your status?

I sent my PR renewal application by courier and it arrived on Jan. 29, 2018. I haven’t received any acknowledgment. I keep checking the website and it says processing time 79 days, working on applications from Jan. 2. The processing times are supposed to be updated weekly but they haven’t been updated since March 18. This worries me. I’m traveling soon and would really like to have my card to avoid having to apply for a PR Travel Document.

Any insight into processing times is appreciated! Thanks!