+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card renewal process

jetset

Apr 8, 2018
Hi quick 2 question.
1) I am Canadian, my wife has her PR card and she accompanies me overseas for work. We are both out of Canada for at least 300 days of the year. However, in the last 5 years I have spent 20 days more than her in Canada while she was in our home overseas. Is this a problem - or does she have to be in Canada every time I visit Canada for business meetings?
2) Is there a way to track the progress of a PR card application online?

yijiequ

Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Hi quick 2 question.
1) I am Canadian, my wife has her PR card and she accompanies me overseas for work. We are both out of Canada for at least 300 days of the year. However, in the last 5 years I have spent 20 days more than her in Canada while she was in our home overseas. Is this a problem - or does she have to be in Canada every time I visit Canada for business meetings?
2) Is there a way to track the progress of a PR card application online?

yep, could be a challenge, as if you go over that 1095 days, then more info needed to provided... read the instruction

alicenikprince

Apr 19, 2018
Hi,
Where do you go to check the status of your application? What is e-CAS? Do you need to have a file number or something similar to check your status?

I sent my PR renewal application by courier and it arrived on Jan. 29, 2018. I haven’t received any acknowledgment. I keep checking the website and it says processing time 79 days, working on applications from Jan. 2. The processing times are supposed to be updated weekly but they haven’t been updated since March 18. This worries me. I’m traveling soon and would really like to have my card to avoid having to apply for a PR Travel Document.

Any insight into processing times is appreciated! Thanks!
Hey how long after you applied did you receive your AOR? Im trying to figure out where I stand in this entire thing because everyone who has sent their application around the same time as me has gotten their AOR but I haven't yet. Wondering if this is normal?