+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal possible if I left Canada when I was 2, I am currently 27

Fems27

Aug 5, 2019
When I was a baby my parents migrated to Canada with a PR and left the country soon after. Recently, I received an acceptance for my masters for Concordia University. I am 27, when I applied for my Canada Study permit with all my documents, I was declined. I reapplied and was told that because I have an existing PR, I could either apply for a PRTD or cancel my PR. which would be a better option for me?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment as well given there are many views on this scenario . If you apply for a PRTD then it would likely be declined and the process to revoke your PR status could be started. If you had tried to apply for a PRTD under H&C banner when you were 18-22 you might have had a chance of success but now you are 27 odds are not impossible but not great.

If you renounce your PR status then of course you have to pay international fees and qualify for a study permit.

Decision is yours and guess depends on the timeline you have to join your course whether you can wait around for what maybe months for a H&C PRTD case or maybe weeks to renounce and apply for a study permit.

Reactions: jddd