+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal online application showing "returned" status, reason is "missing photos". WTF?

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
I submitted my PR card renewal application over 2 months ago and I randomly decided to check the status on the PR portal website today and it says "returned", reason being "missing photos". WTF IS THIS? I uploaded clear photos as per specifications on the portal so there's no way I made any mistake.

This is ridiculous as I needed my PR card before end of Dec since I have to fly out and now I'm in total limbo.

They didn't even bother to send any email notification about the application being rejected.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I submitted my PR card renewal application over 2 months ago and I randomly decided to check the status on the PR portal website today and it says "returned", reason being "missing photos". WTF IS THIS? I uploaded clear photos as per specifications on the portal so there's no way I made any mistake.

This is ridiculous as I needed my PR card before end of Dec since I have to fly out and now I'm in total limbo.

They didn't even bother to send any email notification about the application being rejected.
Blame yourself for cutting it so close for PR card renewal. One can apply their PR card up to 9 months before the expiry date.

Reactions: Taran D

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Blame yourself for cutting it so close for PR card renewal. One can apply their PR card up to 9 months before the expiry date.
I mean I don't care, I'll ask my neighbour to check my mail regularly and SHIP the card to me outside Canada.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I mean I don't care, I'll ask my neighbour to check my mail regularly and SHIP the card to me outside Canada.

If your card is selected for pick up, you will be informed of the date, time and location and the documents you should bring with you.

You might have to apply for a Permanent Resident Travel Document_(PRTD) before returning to the country.

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
If your card is selected for pick up, you will be informed of the date, time and location and the documents you should bring with you.

You might have to apply for a Permanent Resident Travel Document_(PRTD) before returning to the country.
I've never heard of being asked to PICK IT UP.

pk312

Jan 16, 2023

Hi, I am exactly in the same situation as yours. My application also got returned with comments -"Photos are missing". Please advise what next steps you too to address this issue. Thanks and will be very helpful if you can advise.

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Hi, I am exactly in the same situation as yours. My application also got returned with comments -"Photos are missing". Please advise what next steps you too to address this issue. Thanks and will be very helpful if you can advise.
just reupload with a note stating you have uploaded all pics correctly

RockyStar1985

Apr 20, 2017
Hi guys,

Did you get your PR cards, I am in the same situation and the application is returned second time with the same reason 'photos are missing'. I can see photo (both front and back) in the application.

Regards.

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Hi guys,

Did you get your PR cards, I am in the same situation and the application is returned second time with the same reason 'photos are missing'. I can see photo (both front and back) in the application.

Regards.

If you click the “add/edit” or “upload” buttons, is there any messages?

aanchalsingh

Jul 17, 2017

Hi Did you get your renewed PR card yet ? I submitted by application on Jan 17th and havent heard back anything. My application was returned back on Feb 21st saying "missing photos" . I did reupload everything using the same photos. I tried calling IRCC and they mentioned that processing has not yet been started. I am getting anxious because my PR card is expiring really soon ( in April ).

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Hi Did you get your renewed PR card yet ? I submitted by application on Jan 17th and havent heard back anything. My application was returned back on Feb 21st saying "missing photos" . I did reupload everything using the same photos. I tried calling IRCC and they mentioned that processing has not yet been started. I am getting anxious because my PR card is expiring really soon ( in April ).
No, I just reapplied last week and it just shows submitted. I’m surprised IRCC gave you case specific info about your application? What application number did you provide them? Whenever I’ve called or emailed them, they just give me a generic response saying to follow instructions on the webpage.

aanchalsingh

Jul 17, 2017
No, I just reapplied last week and it just shows submitted. I’m surprised IRCC gave you case specific info about your application? What application number did you provide them? Whenever I’ve called or emailed them, they just give me a generic response saying to follow instructions on the webpage.
There is no application number generated as of now. I gave them my UCI number to which they said that its processing has not yet been started and they are finalizing applications submitted during Jan 1st week ( I am not really sure on how true the statement is ).

I am planning to mail my application this time ( instead of using the online portal) if nothing comes up by April 2023. By the way, how did you re-apply ? did they reject your application again ?