+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal Online 2024

Kamagg

Feb 3, 2024
Hi All – Received my PR renewal card yesterday. Sharing my application story below:
  • Application: Submitted online application on the PR portal in December 2023 as non urgent.
I did not include any residency obligation documents. This was my first time renewing my PR card and I had travelled twice in the last 5 years for a total of 6 weeks outside Canada. I didn’t think it mattered and wasn’t sure if it was required of me to explicitly prove my residency obligation as I thought that the processing agent had access to ports and authority to retrieve entry/exit dates.
  • Did not receive any acknowledgment of receipt of the application. Status still shows as submitted on the Canadian PR Portal.
  • IRCCC Agent – My calls to the IRCC agents were not particularly helpful. The response was that my application is prospective and will be attended. When?, there is no timeline.
At this point I could not link my application to the IRCC portal. Reason being is that all applications start as XR__________________ when submitted.

Once they are opened, the processing agent will remove X and then only you are able to link your application to the IRCC website.

• I submitted few Webforms highlighting the urgency with my travel schedule. No change was noticed to the status of the application then receiving the automated acknowledgment of the Webform.
My repeated calls to the IRCC agents ended up annoying them as I could sense from their tone.
  • Local MP – With 3 months already passed, I reached out to the local MP for help in March 2024. They reverted in a week that my application is prospective. I further asked their assistance to expedite the application however their response was that no member of the parliament has the authority to expedite the application.
  • Not knowing what was happening with my application was frustrating.
  • Through different forums I came across few email addresses - ircc.clientportalprairies-prairiesclientportail.ircc@cic.gc.ca ( I believe this is specific to Prairies only) and minister@cic.gc.ca
I sent an email highlighting the timeline with my application, and the delay in processing it or even getting a response.
  • Within one week of this email, I got a response from minister@cic.gc.ca that my Card was sent to the card production team.
  • My card was issued on the same day and sent to me.
  • IRCC Linking
    • Generally, international passport have place of birth as City, Province/ State. I have been trying with this combination since the time of submitting the application.
    • During my call with the IRCC agent after my card was processed, I confirmed how the place of birth was added in their system and he confirmed its “ City (Space) Province/State”)
  • With this, I was able to link my application on the IRCC website. Regardless of the card being processed, I think having all applications under the IRCC portal will help in the long run.
Received the new card in the mail yesterday, April 22nd. No updates on the online portal, unable to link via GC Key initially. Happy to answer if there are any questions. Good luck to those who are waiting.
My fiance apply pr card renewal application submitted Oct 16 2023 and the result is December 16 not submitted fully documents regarding borders crossed like that
And then 10 January 2024 again submitted file with all documents and 30 January 2024 the status showing is submitted and 3 days after status showing in processing
And now there is no response about pr card renewal
Please help me we all are very suffering satiutation please guide me please

ruchi6464

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
Toronto
Category........
Submitted pr card renewal application on April 4 th for my dad and for my mom. After couple days I was able to link my dad’s file with gc key. I tried to link my mom’s but couldn’t. Application status on pr portal is still submitted but received PR card in mail today April 26,2024. Still waiting for my dad’s PR card.