+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal of Minor

sushmet

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Hello All,

I want to renew the PR card for my 8 year old son. In the declaration there are 2 columns:
1. Signature of Declarant
2. Signature of Parent if Applicable

GUIDE says:
  • If you are less than 14 years of age: one of your parents or a legal guardian must sign the application.
  • If you are 14 years of age or more but less than 18 years of age: Your application must be signed by you and one of your parents or a legal guardian.
So as a 8 YEAR OLD for my son, should I sign in BOTH Columns i.e. Signature of Declarant as well as Signature of Parent OR I am suppose to Sign ONLY Signature of Declarant? OR shall I sign ONLY Signature of parent?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello All,

I want to renew the PR card for my 8 year old son. In the declaration there are 2 columns:

GUIDE says:
  • If you are less than 14 years of age: one of your parents or a legal guardian must sign the application.
  • If you are 14 years of age or more but less than 18 years of age: Your application must be signed by you and one of your parents or a legal guardian.
So as a 8 YEAR OLD for my son, should I sign in BOTH Columns i.e. Signature of Declarant as well as Signature of Parent OR I am suppose to Sign ONLY Signature of Declarant? OR shall I sign ONLY Signature of parent?
1. You sign as the declarant only.

sushmet

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Hi

1. You sign as the declarant only.
Thanks PMM it makes sense.

However Could you please confirm why is second BOX that says "Signature of Parent if Applicable". What will happen if I attach two pages One has a sign only as declarant and One has Sign in BOTH BOXES (with declarant and Parent -both my signatures)?

maviss76

Jan 22, 2018
Thanks PMM it makes sense.

However Could you please confirm why is second BOX that says "Signature of Parent if Applicable". What will happen if I attach two pages One has a sign only as declarant and One has Sign in BOTH BOXES (with declarant and Parent -both my signatures)?
Hi Sushmet

Did you submit the PR application for your child?

If yes can you please tell me did you sign in both boxes or one out of them and which one.

I am applying for my minor daughter who is 9 year old.

Please reply soon.

Thanks

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

GUIDE says:
Hi Sushmet, I'm in the same situation, kids are below 14 years. Which box did you sign? It's unclear which box to sign if the kid is less than 14 years?