+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

MunnaReddy

Star Member
Aug 4, 2015
I got my card yesterday and still waiting for my spouse card after resubmitting her photos. Below is my timeline:

- Applied (Online portal): June 17th 2023
- No further communications received.
- Linked my application on August 23rd 2023 and it had the below status:
Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Latest update:
Final decision - August 18, 2023:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
- Received my cards in mail : August 30th 2023.

Reactions: Home_13579

AliSaleem

Apr 19, 2017
Hello All,

What does it mean if you're still unable to link your application, even after 90 days? And what should be done in this situation, apart from raising the web form which has already been done.

Thanks,

xKNA

Jun 28, 2023
Hello everyone,

I submitted a renewal for my PR card on June 28th, and on August 28th I called IRCC to see if an application number was generated, The agent gave me the application number and told me there were no updates. I linked the application to GCKey and it shows the received date as June 28th. Does this mean I passed R10 since an application number in generated or not yet? I never received AOR.

The reason I'm worried is I'm a new PR, did a legal name change, and submitted my renewal application to get the new name on the card. I only submitted my car insurance for my residency obligation which is why I'm worried my application may be returned.

Pari123

Champion Member
Apr 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Feb, 2012
Doc's Request.
18 Mar, 2013
Nomination.....
25 Jan,2012
AOR Received.
26 April, 2012
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
26 April, 2012
Med's Done....
3 May 2012. In Process: May 21,2013
Passport Req..
July 23,2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 31,2013
LANDED..........
Aug 17, 2013
Paper application for PR card renewal: Aug 11th
Received email that application is received: Aug 31st

Reactions: Home_13579

maddyraja

Apr 19, 2017
That's horrible. Thank god they didn't make us pay again. We got our taken by a professional and didn't work out. This time we took a digital copy instead, lets see if it works this time.
Finally was able to link her appln today. Hopefully, card will be here soon now!

Pari123

Champion Member
Apr 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Feb, 2012
Doc's Request.
18 Mar, 2013
Nomination.....
25 Jan,2012
AOR Received.
26 April, 2012
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
26 April, 2012
Med's Done....
3 May 2012. In Process: May 21,2013
Passport Req..
July 23,2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 31,2013
LANDED..........
Aug 17, 2013
Paper application for PR card renewal: Aug 11th
Received email that application is received: Aug 31st
Application Status Shows: Decision Made

habiba.mahboob

Jun 25, 2023
Hi
I have received the letter of acknowledgement for pr renewal on 8/30
Submitted my application on 17th may
Can someone tell me why it is mentioned that they may need to call for interview etc.
in decision made section:If your application is approved, you will be notified by mail within four weeks and invited to pick up your card at the IRCC office closest to you.
Is it the standard message which every one gets?

Daisy.Brahpuria

Jan 12, 2017
Hello Guys,
i often read you PR Cards are delivered with no confirmation whats so ever.

My Application was received on May 3rd
Still no AOR but I managed to link my application to IRCC GCkey (Showing Application in progess)
From the timeline some already got their pr cards. Wanted to leave on last Saturday could also leave this weekend. But if it comes next friday its too late.
Watching my mail every day :(

Did anyone has urgency requested like me?
Hi How many days did it take to receive the card. I have applied in urgent processing more than a month ago but there is not update.

kokoincanada

Sep 7, 2023
I submitted application online in this Feb and just got new PR card yesterday. It took 7 months!

It was taking too long so I contacted local MP office. They contacted IRCC to see what's going on with my PR card. Right after that, they sent my new PR card. Showed up in my mail box in about a week. No AOR or change on PR portal. Also I still can't check the status either.

Reactions: explorerCA

kokoincanada

Sep 7, 2023
Hi
I have received the letter of acknowledgement for pr renewal on 8/30
Submitted my application on 17th may
Can someone tell me why it is mentioned that they may need to call for interview etc.
in decision made section:If your application is approved, you will be notified by mail within four weeks and invited to pick up your card at the IRCC office closest to you.
Is it the standard message which every one gets?
I didn't get that message but I know people who did. They choose people to be summoned to their office randomly.
But also another person said, she got the message but she end up getting her card in the mail. They are not very consistent.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Anyone???
Try these steps if not already exercised -

1. Link PR card application to GCkey - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html OR
2. Call IRCC at 1 (888) 242-2100 .When you call IRCC, It will ask you for the UCI , press 2 i.e. no UCI available and then as soon as the message for Afghanistan and Ukraine refugees start playing press 3 3 0 in quick succession you will be able to reach them. Ask them your PR card application number and use the same to link

Reactions: AliSaleem

explorerCA

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
I submitted application online in this Feb and just got new PR card yesterday. It took 7 months!

It was taking too long so I contacted local MP office. They contacted IRCC to see what's going on with my PR card. Right after that, they sent my new PR card. Showed up in my mail box in about a week. No AOR or change on PR portal. Also I still can't check the status either.
We submitted ours in April and there is still no update. Our MP is going to call them next week to find out more. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: kokoincanada

habiba.mahboob

Jun 25, 2023
I didn't get that message but I know people who did. They choose people to be summoned to their office randomly.
But also another person said, she got the message but she end up getting her card in the mail. They are not very consistent.
Oh i hope i get the card in mail. Otherwise how i will go to collect it physically bcuz i am not in the country

etho

Sep 11, 2023
Urgent application, tracking with courier, no AOR, no linking to GCkey, no result from Client Application Status Portal.
August 30 application delivered
September 10 card received

Last edited: