+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

Stellar23

Nov 3, 2022
I dial automated telephone service and it didn’t tell me the status of application, it immediately transferred my call to agent to serve me better. I’ve seen it happen before with my approved visa and work permit when I dial in. What do you think about my PR application ?

habiba.mahboob

Jun 25, 2023
Urgent application, tracking with courier, no AOR, no linking to GCkey, no result from Client Application Status Portal.
August 30 application delivered
September 10 card received
How did you apply for the urgent pr card?
Mine is stuck applied on 19th may
Received aor on 29th august
No update

Pari123

Champion Member
Apr 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Feb, 2012
Doc's Request.
18 Mar, 2013
Nomination.....
25 Jan,2012
AOR Received.
26 April, 2012
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
26 April, 2012
Med's Done....
3 May 2012. In Process: May 21,2013
Passport Req..
July 23,2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 31,2013
LANDED..........
Aug 17, 2013
Paper application for PR card renewal: Aug 11th
Received email that application is received: Aug 31st
Application Status: Decision Made, Sep 1st

Just received my PR card in mail today

ilikesnow

Apr 19, 2022
Sydney
NOC Code......
Hello everyone,

I submitted a renewal for my PR card on June 28th, and on August 28th I called IRCC to see if an application number was generated, The agent gave me the application number and told me there were no updates. I linked the application to GCKey and it shows the received date as June 28th. Does this mean I passed R10 since an application number in generated or not yet? I never received AOR.

The reason I'm worried is I'm a new PR, did a legal name change, and submitted my renewal application to get the new name on the card. I only submitted my car insurance for my residency obligation which is why I'm worried my application may be returned.
Hey I submitted on June 28th as well for a renewal because of name change. I have the new application linked on GCKey and they received it on Aug 30, since then it's in submitted stage. Multiple webforms but no luck!

Reactions: Sjm19

xKNA

Jun 28, 2023
Hey I submitted on June 28th as well for a renewal because of name change. I have the new application linked on GCKey and they received it on Aug 30, since then it's in submitted stage. Multiple webforms but no luck!
Hey, mine is still stuck on Submitted too after I linked it to GCKey and the received date for me is showing June 28th in GCKey, but I have a weird issue. My GCKey new PR application which I linked to it shows Primary Applicant with my old name, and not the new one. Does your PR Card application in GCkey show your old name too, or does it show your new name?

Also, call IRCC they can send a email to the right team regarding this. My case, the officer has requested extra time to verify my name change, and that was done on August 28th. Nothing new since then, but the weird issue is that my GCKey PR application shows my old name. I'm not sure if it is the same for everyone else.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sjm19

ilikesnow

Apr 19, 2022
Sydney
NOC Code......
Hey, mine is still stuck on Submitted too after I linked it to GCKey and the received date for me is showing June 28th in GCKey, but I have a weird issue. My GCKey new PR application which I linked to it shows Primary Applicant with my old name, and not the new one. Does your PR Card application in GCkey show your old name too, or does it show your new name?

Also, call IRCC they can send a email to the right team regarding this. My case, the officer has requested extra time to verify my name change, and that was done on August 28th. Nothing new since then, but the weird issue is that my GCKey PR application shows my old name. I'm not sure if it is the same for everyone else.
Yes I have old name as well on the application, which IRCC number to call?

xKNA

Jun 28, 2023
Yes I have old name as well on the application, which IRCC number to call?
Oh, so it's the same for both of us then.

Call 888-242-2100. The options to select are 2(no UCI)-1-1-3 then provide the application number to the system, and year of birth, and press 1 and listen to the end, then press 0 to speak to an agent. Please keep me updated on your status and I'll do the same with mine.

ash991

Dec 13, 2022
Urgent application, tracking with courier, no AOR, no linking to GCkey, no result from Client Application Status Portal.
August 30 application delivered
September 10 card received
Hello, Can i ask how did you track your application through courier. my pr card application was finalized on august 31, but i did not received my car yet. Trying to find out how can we track my mailed card.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello, Can i ask how did you track your application through courier. my pr card application was finalized on august 31, but i did not received my car yet. Trying to find out how can we track my mailed card.
Did you apply as an urgent request? Normal renewed PR cards are sent via regular mail (Canada Post) and you cannot track them.

Imran22051978

Apr 18, 2023
Hello, applied for PR renewal in June 2023, we are a family of 5, on 7th of September 2023, the status changed to "We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive" for all of us on GCKey. Only my daughter card was received on 27th September. Latest status as of this Monday changed from" We mailed your ......" to " your document is valid" for all of us but rest of us are yet to receive the cards.

Can someone please advise what does this mean from your experience.

Thank you

HarryQuake

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
Yesterday my online pr renewal application got "Primary identification is not provided Incomplete application" in return reason. But the status is still "Submitted". View button is grayed. I am not sure what to do about it. Anyone has any similar experience or suggestion? Thanks.

VikasS

Star Member
Jun 8, 2018
Hi, Can we renew the PR card for minor online? I already submitted the application for my wife online and this will be a separate application. TIA.

Am_4_life2000

Nov 15, 2018
Dear All, I need your support.

I submitted my online application for a PR renewal on July 10.

On October 19, I connected my application to GC Key.

"Final decision - October 10, 2023:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made."

how long this will take for it to show approved or rejected. and do i need to keep checking my GC key or i will be notified by an mail

looking for your feedback and insight on this regards.

Dec 15, 2020
HII,
My wife got her PR. she will come to Canada soon and my mailing address is not as same as my physical address. I get my mails in P.O. Box. Not at my physical address.
So my question is does IRCC mail PR Card in P.O. Box .