+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

reedirected

Aug 21, 2023
I’m finally able to get an update after linking the application on IRCC. It says “Your document is invalid” because they used my expired passport but not the new one… The application status stays as “submitted” on IRCC for now. Does that mean my application is returned? Anyone in the same situation? :(

i think so application has never been touched since ... its so sad really

MunnaReddy

Star Member
Aug 4, 2015
Both me and my wife submitted our PR renewal application on 2023/06/18. My wife application came back saying the photos do not meet the specifications and to upload them again. We uploaded the pictures again yesterday and submitted the application. Does it mean we have to wait 3 more months again? I did not receive any email about my application, so I am assuming they accepted them. But no further updates on my application either.

MunnaReddy

Star Member
Aug 4, 2015
not mandatory, it just helps track the progress of card
Got it. I linked my application now and I see the below. It says final decision but again its still in progress.

Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Latest update:
Final decision - August 18, 2023:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

maddyraja

Apr 19, 2017
Both me and my wife submitted our PR renewal application on 2023/06/18. My wife application came back saying the photos do not meet the specifications and to upload them again. We uploaded the pictures again yesterday and submitted the application. Does it mean we have to wait 3 more months again? I did not receive any email about my application, so I am assuming they accepted them. But no further updates on my application either.
Yes.. :( This happened with my wife too.. Totally illogical!

maddyraja

Apr 19, 2017
WOW! Did she get her renewed card yet? What's is your timeline?
Not yet. Submitted application on Apr 23. Submitted new photos on July 4 and now they are saying the new application submission date is July 4. Since they are processing June applications, her application has not yet been picked for processing. So, it's basically 95 days to check if everything is ok. If not you re-submit and the 95 days clock resets. I don't understand why it works like this.. :(

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Not yet. Submitted application on Apr 23. Submitted new photos on July 4 and now they are saying the new application submission date is July 4. Since they are processing June applications, her application has not yet been picked for processing. So, it's basically 95 days to check if everything is ok. If not you re-submit and the 95 days clock resets. I don't understand why it works like this.. :(
FWIW . . .

PR card applications are generally fully processed when opened or within a very short time after opening.

If a positive decision, approving issuance of new card, is not more or less immediate (ranging from same day as opened to a week or two), it is very likely that processing the application is in some respect non-routine, and how long it will take will vary widely depending on what sort of non-routine processing is involved and why. Referrals for Secondary Review, for example, can mean an additional six month to a total of a year to get a new card.

For the recent timeline information, which is currently 83 days (not 95), most of that is the amount of time the application sits in a queue waiting to be opened.

So yes, a resubmitted PR card application goes into the to-be-opened queue just like any other PR card application . . . and currently that means it is likely to be somewhere around 70 to 83 days before an application arriving at CPC-Sydney today is opened (subject to change depending on processing center operations in the meantime . . . it could be sooner or take longer, the current trend appearing to indicate things moving slowly toward a little faster).

libranised

Jun 7, 2018
Hello guys,

I recently applied for PR card renewal through the online portal two weeks ago. However, I still cannot see any updates or any timeline on my online portal.

Anyone on the same boat ? ?

Does it take a few days before we start seeing the status of our application. Would appreciate if someone could shed some light into this , and also should I call IRCC and ask for an update?

MunnaReddy

Star Member
Aug 4, 2015
That's horrible. Thank god they didn't make us pay again. We got our taken by a professional and didn't work out. This time we took a digital copy instead, lets see if it works this time.