+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
Latest update:
Final decision - April 13, 2023:Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

Dec 15, 2022 Submitted Online
Jan 9, 2023 Email notice - returned for "Photos are missing" (it didn't say what's wrong, I finally found I forgot to put DoB and Name on back of the photo). I scanned the photo with a larger size. ATTENTION: I do notice somewhere in IRCC website says the minimum requirement of the photo quality, I believe it's double the size (pixels) of a general digital photo for visa applications. Anyway give as large as possible but less than 4M for the file size you will be OK
Feb 2, 2023 Resubmitted
Mar 23, 2023 Linked to GCKey, status: submitted
Apr 11, 2023 Ghost update (I see the status changed to "Application / profile updated" but after a refresh, it turns to "Submitted" again
Apr 12, 2023 "Application / profile updated" go stable on GCKey
Apr 13, 2023 Email notice, go to GCKey and see "Your application was approved"

I am very lucky, I have only 5 days buffer.
As I travelled so much, and most trips are not originally from Canada, so the calculation is not right with online form (As in and out day counted as good, in default it believe the travel begins and ends in Canada, which is not my case, I generally start the travels from US where my citizen spouse working and living)
I attached copies of two passports with full pages, I94 records, a schedule of my trips with days counts and stamps reference on the passport, and some minor wrong information the I94 gives from my record and proof by passport stamps. (Don't scan your passport with large size, any file is limited to 4M, so I have to downsize my scan)
Also I attached proof of residence for both in Canada and US, proof or my citizen spouse's work permit and monthly payment record
I counted every day I was physically in US with reason B, I counted every day I was not in US and Canada but my wife was in the trip with reason B too. (because I have only 5 days buffer, and we went an Europe vacation for 22 days, so BE SURE only if you are with your citizen spouse, even the vacation days counts! It doesn't count if you live in Canada!)
A letter to explain why I give a customed travel history in very details
I believe the officials will be very satisfied with such a clearly supported application. I believe they didn't dig in but passed my case for this reason.

Reactions: pHrankee

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Latest update:
Final decision - April 13, 2023:Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

Jan 9, 2023 Email notice - returned for "Photos are missing" (it didn't say what's wrong, I finally found I forgot to put DoB and Name on back of the photo). I scanned the photo with a larger size. ATTENTION: I do notice somewhere in IRCC website says the minimum requirement of the photo quality, I believe it's double the size (pixels) of a general digital photo for visa applications. Anyway give as large as possible but less than 4M for the file size you will be OK
Feb 2, 2023 Resubmitted
Apr 11, 2023 Ghost update (I see the status changed to "Application / profile updated" but after a refresh, it turns to "Submitted" again

As I travelled so much, and most trips are not originally from Canada, so the calculation is not right with online form (As in and out day counted as good, in default it believe the travel begins and ends in Canada, which is not my case, I generally start the travels from US where my citizen spouse working and living)
I attached copies of two passports with full pages, I94 records, a schedule of my trips with days counts and stamps reference on the passport, and some minor wrong information the I94 gives from my record and proof by passport stamps. (Don't scan your passport with large size, any file is limited to 4M, so I have to downsize my scan)
Also I attached proof of residence for both in Canada and US, proof or my citizen spouse's work permit and monthly payment record
I counted every day I was physically in US with reason B, I counted every day I was not in US and Canada but my wife was in the trip with reason B too. (because I have only 5 days buffer, and we went an Europe vacation for 22 days, so BE SURE only if you are with your citizen spouse, even the vacation days counts! It doesn't count if you live in Canada!)
I believe the officials will be very satisfied with such a clearly supported application. I believe they didn't dig in but passed my case for this reason.
Congrats!

Reactions: jeff198901

pHrankee

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Latest update:

Feb 2, 2023 Resubmitted

Congrats. Seems like the original submission date resets when you re-submit application and the processing time starts from that resubmission date. I originally submitted on Feb 5th. Got a weird incomplete application notice for the signature page not be submitted on march 13 (which was clearly not true coz it wouldn't let me submit the application without that complete in the first place lol). Anyway seems like my submission date is now march 13 th. Have to wait 60 to 75 days from then to receive my card.

Last edited:

CECInlandCA

Dec 19, 2018
Hi Experts,

Please advise.

My family (Wife and son is in India) and their PR card is expiring in Aug'2023.

Now since I'm in Canada Can I apply for PR Renew online application for them since they are outside Canada.

IRCC Says you cannot apply for PR Renew outside from Canada
https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=064&top=10

You need a valid permanent resident (PR) card to return to Canada by plane, train, bus or boat. If you know your card will expire when you’re travelling, renew it before you leave. You can only renew your card in Canada. We don’t send PR cards to non-Canadian addresses and we don’t allow third parties to get them for you.

Even in the application form they have questions - are you outside of Canada while submitting this applicaiton

So since they are out of Canada, Can I be their representative and apply online for PR Renewal?

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
Hi Experts,

Please advise.

My family (Wife and son is in India) and their PR card is expiring in Aug'2023.

Now since I'm in Canada Can I apply for PR Renew online application for them since they are outside Canada.

IRCC Says you cannot apply for PR Renew outside from Canada
https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=064&top=10

You need a valid permanent resident (PR) card to return to Canada by plane, train, bus or boat. If you know your card will expire when you’re travelling, renew it before you leave. You can only renew your card in Canada. We don’t send PR cards to non-Canadian addresses and we don’t allow third parties to get them for you.

Even in the application form they have questions - are you outside of Canada while submitting this applicaiton

So since they are out of Canada, Can I be their representative and apply online for PR Renewal?
Of course not. You can work out everything for them, but they still need to be in Canada.

Anand2021

Star Member
Feb 26, 2021
Any idea about the Canada Labour disruption?

Has the strike already started for IRCC employees?

I am trying to call them since Thursday, but it's not at all connecting. Always hearing the message, we are experiencing a high volume of calls and are unable to connect.

Calgary2022

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
Any idea about the Canada Labour disruption?

Has the strike already started for IRCC employees?

I am trying to call them since Thursday, but it's not at all connecting. Always hearing the message, we are experiencing a high volume of calls and are unable to connect.
It’s for CRA employees I think

Ren26

Apr 21, 2021
I landed on 9-Nov-2022 and have since been waiting for my first PR Card. My dependents received their PR Cards within 1-2 months of first landing, but I have received no communication whatsoever (GCKey application shows submitted with no update).

Not able to travel outside Canada without PR Card. And IRCC phone line also not connecting. Frustrating...