+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Just tried five times, calling never worked for me. Will try again tomorrow morning.

I understand the frustration, but would suggest to give atleast 20 calls in an attempt :) I am sure you will go through. For me, I dont think you need SD. Just get the address corrected over a call and job should be done.

Reactions: seadrag0n

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I understand the frustration, but would suggest to give atleast 20 calls in an attempt :) I am sure you will go through. For me, I dont think you need SD. Just get the address corrected over a call and job should be done.
Thanks to your help, I was able to connect just now. The agent said there is some backlog for solemn declaration processing and it might take 2-3 months to process. My first PR card was sent to an undeliverable address so it should have been returned to IRCC, the agent was not able to find what happened to that card.

My address was updated when I asked for it through webform but the PR card was sent to the wrong address.

Reactions: CNP

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Thanks to your help, I was able to connect just now. The agent said there is some backlog for solemn declaration processing and it might take 2-3 months to process. My first PR card was sent to an undeliverable address so it should have been returned to IRCC, the agent was not able to find what happened to that card.

My address was updated when I asked for it through webform but the PR card was sent to the wrong address.
ah ! thats the issue. In my case, agent was able to confirm that the card was indeed returned to IRCC. I would suggest you to call them regularly (may be once a week) to check just in case the card was indeed returned. Best luck !

Reactions: seadrag0n

Ren26

Apr 21, 2021
No the web link to change address isnt for first pr card, it only works for pr card renewal. You can try this to change your address and requesting agent to re mail your card to new address - Call IRCC at 1 (888) 242-2100 . When you call IRCC, It will ask you for the UCI , press two i.e. no UCI available and then as soon as the Message for AF and UK refugees start playing press 330 in quick succession you will be able to reach them. The real deal is - dont wait to hear out the refugee messages
Do you have to like keep calling the same number and press the same numbers in IVR? Every time I called I keep hearing a message that we cannot transfer your call right now.

pHrankee

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
May be this indication for them that the application had crossed the time line ?
Any one submitted during Jan and Feb and have the same ?
Yes, the submitted button is 'purple' in color. I submitted my online PR Renewal application on Feb 5th. I am currently not able to link my PR renewal application on the IRCC portal for whatever reason.

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I never was able to link my application it always shows the old Pr upon landing any one know how I can add the renewal in GCkey

the_witcher

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Hello - I landed with my COPR on Nov 9th, 2022 and was told at immigration that the first PR card would be mailed to the address I provide. My dependent wife and kid received their PR cards within 50 days. However, I am the primary applicant and still have not received my PR card. It has been 97 days since my first landing. Raised a webform last week but no reply.

Any suggestions on how long could it take for first PR card? or how can I track my PR card, any helpline number or office I can reach out to? Thank you.
Haha, I am in the same boat. Just that in my case, my wife received her PR card in 45 days, my son got his after 6 months and I have not received it yet and it has been 11 months since we landed.

Last edited: