Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Do you change your application form to update the days calculation? Mine can be viewed and editted.
By the way, a new photo with digital version (much more clear than a scanning one) is a must for online application? My scan at 600 dpi and the size is about 2 times of the least required 420X540. However, this is only mentioned for temporary visa online photo, which asking for physically 35mmx45mm, not the requirement for PR or Citizen 50mmx70mm. It's a pain of this online system.
Anyone has the experience for the photo?

Yes I updated the dates. The digital photo I used uploaded without any issues.

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
Yes I updated the dates. The digital photo I used uploaded without any issues.
Did you have to cut the photo to fit? And the photo was turning into black and white? I do have a digital version directly from the photographer, but the size is small to, alread cutted into a 50x70 scale, not the original.
By the way, which number should I call to reach a real person?

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Did you have to cut the photo to fit? And the photo was turning into black and white? I do have a digital version directly from the photographer, but the size is small to, alread cutted into a 50x70 scale, not the original.
By the way, which number should I call to reach a real person?

No I didn’t have to cut to fit and yes it was black and white after uploading

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Makes sense since the photo on the card will be b&w, which makes me wonder why the photo spec sheet shows this:
`Photos may be in colour or black and white.'

That's a waste of `ink'! LOL!

Last edited:

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
I finally found that I forgot to give my name and DOB on the back of the photo...maybe that's the reason it got returned. Anyone had this reason, paper or online application?
And Jeff198901, after you resubmit, the submission date changed to update or keep the original date?

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
I finally found that I forgot to give my name and DOB on the back of the photo...maybe that's the reason it got returned. Anyone had this reason, paper or online application?
And Jeff198901, after you resubmit, the submission date changed to update or keep the original date?

Submission date changes to the date you resubmit.

Addan29

May 16, 2018
Italy
Hello everyone,

I really need your support here.

I landed on August 28th, 2022. (Express Entry FSW - O). At the port of entry, I went through the immigration checks and the immigration officer welcomed me as permanent resident of Canada. Nice.

During the interview, he also asked me a Canadian address and told me I would receive my PR Card there.

It's January 31st, 2023 and I have not received it yet. Not only that, but I have no email from IRCC saying that my card was sent. I am unable to track it on my CGKey portal as there is no application for PR Card. I have no information other than my Express Entry application, which of course is completed.

I read that many people received some sort of tracking number from IRCC related to their PR Card, some notifications, etc. I have nothing.

I also tried to submit a new address (I thought maybe the immigration officer did not start the request), but on the related webform it says that no application is found (I put my UCI code).

I raised a webform with a question but received no answer.

I have no idea what to do. I cannot even write a solemn declaration because I don't know when my PR Card (or if) was sent.

What can I do?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hello everyone,

I really need your support here.

I landed on August 28th, 2022. (Express Entry FSW - O). At the port of entry, I went through the immigration checks and the immigration officer welcomed me as permanent resident of Canada. Nice.

During the interview, he also asked me a Canadian address and told me I would receive my PR Card there.

It's January 31st, 2023 and I have not received it yet. Not only that, but I have no email from IRCC saying that my card was sent. I am unable to track it on my CGKey portal as there is no application for PR Card. I have no information other than my Express Entry application, which of course is completed.

I read that many people received some sort of tracking number from IRCC related to their PR Card, some notifications, etc. I have nothing.

I also tried to submit a new address (I thought maybe the immigration officer did not start the request), but on the related webform it says that no application is found (I put my UCI code).

I raised a webform with a question but received no answer.

I have no idea what to do. I cannot even write a solemn declaration because I don't know when my PR Card (or if) was sent.

What can I do?
On GCKey, were you able to link PR card application ? https://askkubeir.com/pr-card-application/

If not, you can call IRCC and ask them status and PR card application number (starts with "R"). You can then link it using to GCKey using Application Numner option.

Addan29

May 16, 2018
Italy
On GCKey, were you able to link PR card application ? https://askkubeir.com/pr-card-application/

If not, you can call IRCC and ask them status and PR card application number (starts with "R"). You can then link it using to GCKey using Application Numner option.
Hello CNP,

Thanks for your reply!

I tried to link it after reading some posts on this thread but I had no success. It always says that no application could be found. :rolleyes:

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hello CNP,

Thanks for your reply!

I tried to link it after reading some posts on this thread but I had no success. It always says that no application could be found. :rolleyes:
While linking, enter personal details as per CoPR -- GCMS notes ( if you have) -- Passport in that order.

Alternately, the only other thing you can try is to call IRCC.

Addan29

May 16, 2018
Italy
While linking, enter personal details as per CoPR -- GCMS notes ( if you have) -- Passport in that order.

Alternately, the only other thing you can try is to call IRCC.
CoPR did not work, so tomorrow I'll try with my passport information. Thanks for your support. :)

FR

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
Appreciate help with this question. Which is a faster and more secure process, to apply for renewal of PR card through the online PR portal: https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login
or to send by courier mail to:
Case Processing Centre – PR Card
49 Dorchester Street, Sydney, NS, B1P 5Z2

What would be the fastest time frame to receive a renewed PR card?

Thank you

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
Appreciate help with this question. Which is a faster and more secure process, to apply for renewal of PR card through the online PR portal: https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login
or to send by courier mail to:
Case Processing Centre – PR Card
49 Dorchester Street, Sydney, NS, B1P 5Z2

What would be the fastest time frame to receive a renewed PR card?

Thank you
For secure process, I prefer paper-based because online application system is a mess. And there is a famous "Photo missing" bug, and "return" is possible. You could found yourself stuck there. However, some people did report that they received their card in mailbox without any notice and pretty quick for some online application cases.
If you are going to do online application, proper photo is the most important thing. Try getting a real digital copy of your photo! Because you will find the size of the photo asking never mentioned anywhere but if your digital photo size is less than 1000 dots for width, there is a warning pop out. It doesn't say the size is for the original photo or the one you have to scale to fit in the process. So, get a large and clear photo is a must! If you scan a print-out one, try at least 600X600 DPI setting (although it won't improve anything but larger dot size, it works).

Reactions: andersniet and FR

FR

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
For secure process, I prefer paper-based because online application system is a mess. And there is a famous "Photo missing" bug, and "return" is possible. You could found yourself stuck there. However, some people did report that they received their card in mailbox without any notice and pretty quick for some online application cases.
If you are going to do online application, proper photo is the most important thing. Try getting a real digital copy of your photo! Because you will find the size of the photo asking never mentioned anywhere but if your digital photo size is less than 1000 dots for width, there is a warning pop out. It doesn't say the size is for the original photo or the one you have to scale to fit in the process. So, get a large and clear photo is a must! If you scan a print-out one, try at least 600X600 DPI setting (although it won't improve anything but larger dot size, it works).

Thanks a lot for your answer. Very helpful.

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
Submission date changes to the date you resubmit.
Hi, Jeff, how can we do adjustment to update part 5 residence obligation from the existing application? I found that "period to be assessed" cannot be edit, thus any days after that won't be calculated automatically. You could not face the same problem, but I did leave the country after my application for Christ vacation, thus need to update days out of Canada after the original application date.