+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

mbv747

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hello everyone, I was waiting for my oath invitation. My pr card already expired and applied for renewal for urgent process but it didn’t approved yet so I travelled and will go back on PRTD . So do I need to let the citizenship department know about my travel ? Or not so they can update ?
I wouldn't advise you doing that, they may cancel your Oath, just travel and go back to do your Oath.

Another point, If your travel is less than one month don't take the risk because getting PRTD may take up to 6 weeks..... Consider getting back to Canada through land border in case you don't get your PRTD however you need to have an US visa or your Passport is already allowing entering to USA

yma981

Dec 21, 2010
Visa Office......
Lebanon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
24-02-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
25-07-2013
Please guys, What does PR Decision Made mean ? the AOR and DM have the same date 14/01/2023.

How much time it is needed to receive the renewed PR card after DM ??

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Please guys, What does PR Decision Made mean ? the AOR and DM have the same date 14/01/2023.

How much time it is needed to receive the renewed PR card after DM ??

When did you apply? Online or paper?

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long it takes from re submitted the missing photos in online till you get a feed back again ?

p86shah

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
PR car renewal - Vancouver BC

Application submitted ONLINE: 22 Nov 2022

I was able to link my PR card online today 17 Jan and its shows 16 Jan it was approved ( 56 Days process )

Status : We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017

I was able to link my PR card online today 17 Jan and its shows 16 Jan it was approved ( 56 Days process )

Status : We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.
Thank you for sharing!

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017

Were you able to track your PR card renewal on ecas or gckey? was your application ever returned?

Last edited:

ExpressEntryStarr

Dec 9, 2016
Sharing my timeline for PR card renewal - paper based. I didn't request any urgent processing.

Dec 09, 2022 - Application sent
Dec 12, 2022 - Application received by IRCC
Jan 05, 2023 - Received AOR email
Jan 06, 2023 - For the first time I was able to find my application in ECAS and link it in GCKey. Status in ECAS - 'Decision made' and in GCKey - 'application is in progress'
Jan 10, 2023 - GCKey status updated - Application is approved and PR card was sent by mail. No update in ECAS
Jan 11, 2023 - ECAS status updated to 'Complete'
Jan 13, 2023 - Received PR card in mailbox
That's really fast - how did you apply? Did you post the documents or use the PR portal? I applied using the PR portal Dec 10, 2022 and there is no update at all yet.

ExpressEntryStarr

Dec 9, 2016

Thanks for sharing - did you apply online using the PR portal (https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login) or the CIC or Canada.ca website (i.e. using GCKey)? If you applied using the PR portal did you get any confirmation like an AOR etc.?

I applied online using the PR portal. I used my portal to apply for myself and my family. I see 1 note for my daughter - it says 'Photos are missing' but nothing else. I just want to confirm that IRCC have received all our applications but there doesn't seem to be any way to confirm that.

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Thanks for sharing - did you apply online using the PR portal (https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login) or the CIC or Canada.ca website (i.e. using GCKey)? If you applied using the PR portal did you get any confirmation like an AOR etc.?

I applied online using the PR portal. I used my portal to apply for myself and my family. I see 1 note for my daughter - it says 'Photos are missing' but nothing else. I just want to confirm that IRCC have received all our applications but there doesn't seem to be any way to confirm that.
There is no way to confirm it. From what I have seen on here, you won’t hear anything until it is complete. Many of us are in the same situation

ExpressEntryStarr

Dec 9, 2016
There is no way to confirm it. From what I have seen on here, you won’t hear anything until it is complete. Many of us are in the same situation
Thanks. I tried creating a profile on the CIC portal using GCKey and looking up all our applications using UCI and applicant details. I "think" I was able to link 3 of the applications because I now have 3 applications where the status is 'Submitted' and the submission date is January 18, 2023. The reason I think the linking may have worked is that I wasn't able to link the 4th application, which was for my daughter with the note 'photos are missing' on the PR card portal; for her, I still get details of her original 'Approved' application from 2018. The reason I put "think" in inverted commas is that the details I get when I click on the 3 linked applications are from our old PR application approved way back in 2018!

I am putting this out here in case someone else has also experienced something similar - or maybe others would want to try doing something similar.

This is quite frustrating!

GlennB

Jan 6, 2023

Did you get an AOR or any email from IRCC?

Submitted my application online at Dec. 8 2022 still waiting for AOR and cant track my application on ECAS.

mbv747

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hi Guys, how to add the application to ECAS as when I connect it shows me only my ongoing citizenship application ? thx

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long it takes from re submitted the missing photos in online till you get a feed back again ?