+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

asvguy

Apr 26, 2022
Hello all,

A bit of a weird question. My PR card was sent mid December and I had to leave the country for an emergency before that. I have PRTD to return etc. My question is, assuming that the card was delivered a week after it was sent, will the post office retrieve it after delivered or something if it's not picked up for a while because I'm returning end of February?
Wondering if there's some sort of a confiscation that happens?

Thanks.

mbv747

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hello all,

A bit of a weird question. My PR card was sent mid December and I had to leave the country for an emergency before that. I have PRTD to return etc. My question is, assuming that the card was delivered a week after it was sent, will the post office retrieve it after delivered or something if it's not picked up for a while because I'm returning end of February?
Wondering if there's some sort of a confiscation that happens?

Thanks.
No, the card will stay in the mailbox ; IRCC / Post Canada is not penetrating houses during people absence to confiscate PR cards :D:p.

Do you mind sharing your experience for PRTD and answer my following questions ?

I applied Online for PRTD when I was in Country A and during processing I traveled to Country B.

Could you please based in your experience specify when IRCC sends approval email If:

1) It's specify the VFS location where the passport should be deposited ? or it can be taken to any VFS location over the World
2) If there is a timeline/ deadline to deposit the passport.

Reactions: Shayna22

Limerick

Star Member
May 1, 2015
Hello All,

I am really in tense.. PR renewal package delivered on December 15, 2022 no AOR yet and getting not found when I searched in ECAS with UCI.. Please advise
Do I need to call CIC?

Lee82

Jan 10, 2023
My status was changed to Complete and my card mailed out!

Here is my timeline:

application received: May 6th
AOR: May 31st
DM: June 25th
Complete and card mailed: July 5th

I also called to confirm the address they sent it to as my mailing address is different from my home address. Should be getting it soon! (I’m in AB)
Hi, can you please share the number you called at?

sat_cse28

Apr 15, 2017
*** Update ***

PR Card Renewal Online:
Submitted Online - 2nd Nov
Linked to GC Key with UCI + Last Name - 9 Dec (No application found till 8th Dec)
Case Approved and PR Card Mailed - 10 Dec
Card Received - 16 Dec 22
Hi,

Congrats, did you scan all pages from passport or only bio-page?.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
I am really in tense.. PR renewal package delivered on December 15, 2022 no AOR yet and getting not found when I searched in ECAS with UCI.. Please advise
Do I need to call CIC?
I have responded in another thread where you posed related query.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-renewal-with-humanitarian-compassionate-h-c-grounds-2022.765049/page-3#post-10322861

I applied on H&C from US, application delivered on December 15th 2022. But no AOR yet.
Response copied here:

Cautionary Note: [In regards to the forum participant who made a H&C application from outside Canada who reports being informed their PR card is available for pickup, their application was made] in 2021 BEFORE the change in the forms requiring a specific declaration the PR is IN Canada in order to make an application for a PR card.​
You do not indicate how it is that you "applied on H&C from US" given that the application does not allow this. If you made the application using a lawyer, it would be appreciated if you could share more about what the lawyer said in regards to making an application while the PR is outside Canada. In any event, you should exercise caution making inferences based on the experience being reported by [in other thread] as, again, that application pre-dates the changes made in 2022.​
Moreover, it appears that [individual] has only been provisionally issued a PR card, subject to being interviewed during an in-person pick-up. There is insufficient information in the posts to know whether there is a risk [they] could be subject to inadmissibility action upon arrival at a Port-of-Entry, or as to the nature and scope of inquiry that may be encountered in the interview attendant in-person card pick-up.​

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Additionally . . . If you have a lawyer . . . consult with the lawyer about any follow-up with IRCC.

If you do not have a lawyer, you should probably review your copy of what you submitted, and in particular pay attention to the opening declaration (as to being in or outside Canada) and the option you selected in sections 1.1

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello my online application for the renewal has been returned back for photo issue .
I upload new photo again and submitted .
But it is showing missing photos ?
Is this normal ?

khalid h

Jan 21, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad.....UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 July 09
Doc's Request.
11 Sep 09
Nomination.....
05 Jan 2010
AOR Received.
20th Jan 2010
IELTS Request
7 sent with docs
File Transfer...
30th June 2010
Med's Request
1st May 2012
Med's Done....
21st May 2012
Interview........
No please
Passport Req..
PPR1-18th July, PPR2- 17th August
VISA ISSUED...
5th Sept 2012
LANDED..........
17th October 2012 inshAllah
Hi Friends

What is better for PR card renewal, Online or Paper application?

Thanks for any suggestions