+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

chonji1226

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
Hi guys, i submitted Online my application for renewal in Sept 08th and still showing ''submitted in the online portal''...
I didn't receive any AOR, it's normal ? ( as I'm 7 days far from the 89 processing time published by IRCC)
I really started to be concerned as I'm outside of the country and my card will expire soon
Hi

Not sure if my case is the same. My PR card will expire in March. I created an account in the PR portal and submitted my PR renewal request last Nov. 16. Until now it's on submitted status. I have not received any acknowledgement at all.

I have been reading updates in this thread, about PR card renewal getting completed in less than a month.

My application will be almost a month now but have not received any update yet.

chonji1226

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
Hi all,
I'm an In-Canada applicant, I uploaded the photos for review in PR portal on Oct 19,2022. Haven't received eCopr or PR card yet. Still showing in review with IRCC. Anyone with similar case?
Hi, may I ask how is your application now? mine was submitted Nov. 16, still in submitted status. When did your status change from submitted to "in review"?

BienCanada

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-03-2023
Are PR renewals able to be linked to GCkey? I tried to link using the UCI number but only brought up the information from the first PR card back in 2018 but On GCkey under "Date Submitted" it says "December 8, 2022". Under "Current Status" it says "Submitted".

Just wondering if this means they have received the renewal but the first PR card application is still linked?
Same happened to us. When they start processing the new one and during that time you do linking again it shall be able to give you an option to link your new application. The date submitted corresponds to linking request date. Which in your case is the old one.

Reactions: jeff198901

armag90

Apr 23, 2016
Hello Everyone...

PR Renewal Case

I sent my application on 7th October and got AOR on 25th October. And was able to connect to ECAS & GC Key immediately.
Since then, haven't heard anything at all... I am getting curious and a bit stressed out? Is this normal? I called them and they say they cannot see anything except that it is in process and eligibility is completed.
My PR expires in a week or two. And I wanted to travel early January due to family reasons.
Any suggestions? Or any hope?

amontella

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Hi all! I have submitted a PR renewal application for myself and my spouse and was received in Nov 17. Till now still no AOR.
I tried to link the app on Gckey using my UCI but it only pulls the old one, even submission date is still old which makes me think it's not yet in the system or it got bounced back for something missing... Yet, no trace of it in the mail either... My questions are:

- is this wait for AOR normal these days for PR cards renewal?
- in case I never receive AOR in 90 days and I am unable to link to tracker, can I submit a new application without withdrawing the previous one?
- if application is not present in the online portal, is it safe to assume they are definitely not processing it? I have travel planned over the next few months while my current PR card is still valid and I am scared of them issuing the new one and thus invalidating the current one after 60 days.. not being able to track it or get any news on my app isn't ideal...

Thank you in advance!
A.

Saima2022

Sep 20, 2022
I send them an urgent process request. This is their reply so I am going to get the card before leaving or thy r going to take to process application and then finalize?

We received your request for the urgent processing of your permanent resident card (PR card).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that we have forwarded your request to the responsible office.

Once the card is produced, it will either be:

• Mailed to you,
    or
  • Randomly selected for in-person pick up:
    o this random selection for in-person pick up
    allows

IRCC to

gather

information for

improving the processing of PR Card applications.

If your card is selected for pick up, you will be informed of the date, time and location and the documents you should bring with you.

Rest assured that we will make all the necessary efforts to speed up the processing of your application.

If the card is not ready before your departure, you will have apply for a Permanent Resident Travel Document_(PRTD) before returning to the country.

SiaRia

Star Member
Dec 9, 2022
Here is my timeline:

PR Renewal - Paper based
Sent the application on Dec 1, 2022
Received on Dec 2, 2022
Started processing on Dec 12, 2022

It says decision made and I was wondering what that means? From what I have seen here, looks like the renewal may take 45-60 days, however, on the website says the processing time is 87 days.

Would you please let me know about the timeline and the process?

Thanks!

BienCanada

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-03-2023
Here is my timeline:

PR Renewal - Paper based
Sent the application on Dec 1, 2022
Received on Dec 2, 2022
Started processing on Dec 12, 2022

It says decision made and I was wondering what that means? From what I have seen here, looks like the renewal may take 45-60 days, however, on the website says the processing time is 87 days.

Would you please let me know about the timeline and the process?

Thanks!
For paper application, someone who sent in the second half of November received the PR card. Most likely you would get yours this month itself.

Reactions: SiaRia

BienCanada

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-03-2023
What does responsible office means ?
Read someone's case. Don't recall which forum. But I guess it was Etobicoke for that individual.
I would like to believe that it would be the office nearest to the current residential address in your application.