+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

pivot2022

Dec 7, 2022
Hello everyone. just wanted to share my timeline, in case it is helpful to others.

Initial PR card
Landed in Toronto: 1st September,2022. did not provide address as I did not have one that i could share
Moved to Calgary. 4th of October, 2022. Acquired Permanent address on 5th of October and updated ircc via webform.
I called ircc to confirm a week later, unfortunately the address was still of the rep. that i initially had used during my pr process.
updated them and they added the change while on call
Linked my application to my gckey on november 1st, 2022.
application was approved on 30th of November, 2022.
Received pr card in mailbox on 7th of November, 2022

Good fortune to all.

Last edited:

AspiringCanadian29

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
We applied online for renewal on Oct 23 and I saw just now on cic portal that they approved it today and mailed the cards. Didn't receive any email though.

And our cards had expired. So it could be that put us above someone like yourself who applied before us.

Anyways fingers crossed, hope they arrive safely as right now we are not in a position to travel outside of Canada.

Hopefully yours is processed in a week or so! All the best!
Oh great! did you receive any update during this period like any status updates?

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Are PR renewals able to be linked to GCkey? I tried to link using the UCI number but only brought up the information from the first PR card back in 2018 but On GCkey under "Date Submitted" it says "December 8, 2022". Under "Current Status" it says "Submitted".

Just wondering if this means they have received the renewal but the first PR card application is still linked?

Last edited:

mbv747

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019
Applied online for renewal in Sept 08 th ( so 3 months today) and still didn't receive anything

The online status shows ''Submitted'' ..... are we supposed to get any update?

Anakh

Nov 5, 2022
Paper PR card renewal application approved in around 9 days for my spouse and kid.

Received date for both : Nov 22
Approval for spouse: Dec 1
Approval for kid : Dec 2

Hope the mail reaches safely!
You sent online application or through post

Venkkrishy

Apr 8, 2017
We applied for PR card renewals for my spouse and kid (under 18). Both applications were applied online and with just one day difference. Both were also applied via the same logon (but as two separate applications), as the adult is the one whose applying for kid.

I'm totally confused if they would only consider one application per logon/uid (which cannot be true as the system allows to create multiple applications).

My spouse has received the renewed card, but no indication, mail or communication about the kid's card. It's becoming 90days soon and not sure if i need to reapply.

Calls to IRCC/PR team is next to impossible, but have put a webform request which is still to be answered.

ecekid

Star Member
Jun 2, 2013
PR card renewal (paper):
- Date Received: October 28, 2022
- Final decision - December 1, 2022: Your application was approved
- Received in the mail: December 8, 2022
Total time: ~7 weeks

Reactions: jeff198901

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
PR card renewal - paper :

Delivered to CPC on : 2022-11-17
Did not receive AOR email
Linked application using UCI + Last Name in GCKey
Decision made on : 2022-11-30
Card received on : 2022-12-08

Last edited:

thegudking

Feb 3, 2019
Hi all,
I landed in Toronto on Nov 9 and gave an address. I’m not able to find my PR card application to link it, how do we do that? Also, I’m not able to connect to IRCC to find the status of my card, can someone pls share the contact number?

tamilguy

Star Member
Nov 10, 2020
PR Card Renewal Online:
Submitted Online - 2nd Nov
Linked to GC Key with UCI + Last Name - 9 Dec (No application found till 8th Dec)
Case Approved and PR Card Mailed - 10 Dec

All the best Guys!! you were very useful in getting to know the timeline, doing my part :)

Note - No update till now in PR card portal and Online status checker.. Only GC Key gave me the update after linking.

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
PR Card Renewal Online:
Submitted Online - 2nd Nov
Linked to GC Key with UCI + Last Name - 9 Dec (No application found till 8th Dec)
Case Approved and PR Card Mailed - 10 Dec

All the best Guys!! you were very useful in getting to know the timeline, doing my part :)

Note - No update till now in PR card portal and Online status checker.. Only GC Key gave me the update after linking.
that’s great! Congrats! I hope we all get fast processing like this

Reactions: tamilguy

MRafik

Jan 1, 2021
Hello,
we received our eCOPR in August and planning to land in Toronto, can someone share with me what i need to prepare to apply for the PR card and is it ok if i only plan to stay for 3 weeks and fly out?

lalithkumar21

Aug 22, 2017
I called with IRCC a few days ago they said that they opened the envelopes august of 8.
Hi there, i applied PR card renewal in June 2022, no update yet :( I tried sending multiple webforms to check the ETA but no response, tried calling but couldn't reach through their queue, they disconnect due ot high call vol. how did you call them? could you please let me know so that i can do the same?/ Thanks

lalithkumar21

Aug 22, 2017
I applied for my PR renewal online in June 2022, status says "submitted" no updates yet. I tried reaching out to them in multiple webforms but no response. I was able to speak to an agent in Sep and he said they havent looked at my application but will send an email to the case processing team who will look into it. But after that, nothing. Tried to call them but it kicks me out everytime from the queue that the call vol. is high; Cna you please help me how can i reach IRCC?