+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

vabishek17

Mar 24, 2017
My wife and I applied for our PR card renewals through the online portal on Aug 4 and Aug 1, 2022 respectively. The online status has been showing "submitted" all this while. When we called the IRCC earlier this week, we were told both of our cards were sent to production during the last week of September. How long does it generally take to receive the card after being sent to production?

So, I just called IRCC now. They told me my card was sent to production but they had some issues printing it. They couldn't tell me what the issue was though. Has anyone encountered this before?

LKAV

Oct 21, 2022
Hi,

I am a new PR and landed in Canada on Jun 3, 2022. I received a letter on July 28, 2022 asking me to re-submit my photographs. I did so twice and I have proof that it has been delivered. However, when I raised a webform (again twice), I got a response saying my photos are still not on file. And ofcourse, you can't get through when you call their helpline number!

Has anyone faced a similar situation? What actions have you taken?

Is it better to submit a fresh paper application for PR card?

Thanks in advance!

shevas2003

Star Member
Feb 24, 2022
My application is finally completed. Mailed out Oct 19th.
All the best for your guys.
My application status also changed to Decission Made but the GCKey account shows processing. Does this mean my application was approved or is there a chance for them to Deny?
Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 27, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 22, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on August 22, 2022.

RazaM

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022
So, I just called IRCC now. They told me my card was sent to production but they had some issues printing it. They couldn't tell me what the issue was though. Has anyone encountered this before?
Yes, I and many others are in the same boat. My application is stuck for over 4 months now, card was sent for printing in mid August, and since then printing facility is unable to print and also they failed to notify applicants with a reason. See this post:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-renewal-online-sharing-my-experience-so-far.779633/page-2#post-10248280

Last edited:

Jibran7

May 16, 2021
Ontario canada
Landed in Canada on 11th Jan 2022, linked my GCKey with PR card application. Called IRCC during 1st week of March and the agent informed that photo for PR card has been approved as of 28th Feb 2022. The card was however still not sent to production for printing.
Can you please share number of ircc where i can get the status of my pr as well thanks

jaskaran90

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
Hello i sent my pr card renewal application on Aug 15 through online portal . When i check pr portal it’s still showing submitted. Can you please tell me where we can check ? Thank you advance.
You need to call IRCC and get your application number so you can link it to cic.gc.ca (also called gckey)

Last edited:

vabishek17

Mar 24, 2017
Yes, I and many others are in the same boat. My application is stuck for over 4 months now, card was sent for printing in mid August, and since then printing facility is unable to print and also they failed to notify applicants with a reason. See this post:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-renewal-online-sharing-my-experience-so-far.779633/page-2#post-10248280
Oh, wow. That's not good. Over 4 months is crazy. So, the issue is on their side and not necessarily with our photos? When I asked specifically about that, the agent couldn't what the issue is. Guess we have to keep calling them until we receive the cards.

RazaM

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022
Oh, wow. That's not good. Over 4 months is crazy. So, the issue is on their side and not necessarily with our photos? When I asked specifically about that, the agent couldn't what the issue is. Guess we have to keep calling them until we receive the cards.
I suspect all those applications that are stuck in printing facility are Online application. Those who sent paper applications, some are processed within a month. I believe there may be issues with our photos, but all this is linked with PR Portal (system full of bugs), and they are unable to solve the issue.

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
I suspect all those applications that are stuck in printing facility are Online application. Those who sent paper applications, some are processed within a month. I believe there may be issues with our photos, but all this is linked with PR Portal (system full of bugs), and they are unable to solve the issue.
I am a paper applicant and still stuck at decision made in the ecas. No card yet. I sent my paper application in July.

asvguy

Apr 26, 2022
Welcome to the club brother. Waiting for my first PR card. Same case, card printing issues. Looking at the timeline, it looks like people who applied/landed in August are stuck. Is it only for 1 application ? apparently not is what they claim. It's been over a week. How long does it take to reprint the cards. Do they just have 1 printer doing it ? This is really stupid.

Reactions: flower90

Anand2021

Star Member
Feb 26, 2021
Hi, I want to renew my PR card. I see most of the members preferring the Paper application.

Has anyone applied for an Online PR card Renewal and received a card recently?