Doc's Request.
03-01-2017
AOR Received.
17-12-2016
Med's Done....
28-12-2016
Passport Req..
23-03-2017
My PR card is expiring on the 22nd of this month but I don’t believe I’ve been in the country for enough days (I have a job outside of the country). Should I wait to apply? How strict are they with that?

bluesami

Jan 22, 2020
Hello

My Dad received an email from IRCC to attend IRCC Etobicoke , is that ok ? Because most of people receive the cards by mail!!

walter_white

Aug 30, 2019
My PR card is expiring on the 22nd of this month but I don’t believe I’ve been in the country for enough days (I have a job outside of the country). Should I wait to apply? How strict are they with that?
wait until you have met the residency requirements to apply. renewal form asks specifically about number of days spent outside and having a job outside the country is not a valid reason to bypass that requirement.

Reactions: YVR123

Kiikii

Jul 6, 2022
Hello, Can anyone guide me, how to find out the status of my First PR Card, only photo shows under review, Declaration and Address has been accepted over a week ago. I call IRCC maybe i am dialing wrong digits, i have never spoken to any agents as they never answer or maybe i am entering wrong selections. No clue IDK :( we want to travel before winter, but chances look dim, i don't know if i can USE copr to reenter Canada from the US by land as most Covid restrictions have been lifted. I am an inland spouse sponsored applicant who just got PR conf on 21st Sept 2022 :) thank you this forrum helped me get through

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Very strict. If you do not have evidence of residing in Canada for at least 730 days within the last 5 years, I suggest you wait until you meet the R.O. before applying. You probably should not leave Canada until you can determine that you have surpassed 730 days in total.

You do have to provide your own travel history when applying for a renewal, so...when you say that you don't believe you have complied...does that mean that you do not have accurate travel history?

Reactions: paneka penalty

Risabh_Canada

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
I landed on July 24 and asked to resubmit photos and send them yesterday...When i can expect my pr card now ?
Anybody who can share timeline after resubmission of photos ?

RazaM

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022
@Ponga and all experts need your help with my query.
My PR Card Renewal is in progress since June 20, I applied for myself and family. Renewed PR Cards for my family already delivered but for me it's still in Review. My main issue is I'm travelling on Nov 1st and returning Nov 24th. My PR Card is valid until Dec 2nd, 2022, so I'm good to use my existing PR Card, but trouble is what if they issue me new PR Card while I'm travelling, will I be able to land with my existing card or will it become invalid?

Do I contact them to withdraw my application and I apply for renewal after I return?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Ponga and all experts need your help with my query.
My PR Card Renewal is in progress since June 20, I applied for myself and family. Renewed PR Cards for my family already delivered but for me it's still in Review. My main issue is I'm travelling on Nov 1st and returning Nov 24th. My PR Card is valid until Dec 2nd, 2022, so I'm good to use my existing PR Card, but trouble is what if they issue me new PR Card while I'm travelling, will I be able to land with my existing card or will it become invalid?

Do I contact them to withdraw my application and I apply for renewal after I return?
Your current card can still be used up until the day that it expires.

Here's just one of many posts regarding this same question:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/valid-pr-card-and-new-issue-of-pr-card.474418/

Reactions: paneka penalty

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks @Ponga, feels like a big relief.
You're welcome.

I just found this from the IRCC website:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5445-applying-permanent-resident-card-card-first-application-replacement-renewal-change-gender-identifier.html

Important information: Upon issuance of a new PR card, your existing (or old) PR card will be invalid after 60 days following the date of issuance of the new card.

Looks like this is a new policy?
So, you should be fine...unless your card has been issued and is `stuck' somewhere. As long as it wasn't issued on, or before September 26th, you would still be fine to travel back on Nov 24th, since September only had 30 days (gives you a one day buffer).

Hopefully you DO receive your new card before Nov. 1, which would make this all go away. LOL!

RazaM

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022
You're welcome.

I just found this from the IRCC website:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5445-applying-permanent-resident-card-card-first-application-replacement-renewal-change-gender-identifier.html

Important information: Upon issuance of a new PR card, your existing (or old) PR card will be invalid after 60 days following the date of issuance of the new card.

Looks like this is a new policy?
So, you should be fine...unless your card has been issued and is `stuck' somewhere. As long as it wasn't issued on, or before September 26th, you would still be fine to travel back on Nov 24th, since September only had 30 days (gives you a one day buffer).

Hopefully you DO receive your new card before Nov. 1, which would make this all go away. LOL!
This is really helpful and true source of information. I have already linked my application in GCKEY, today is Oct 4 and my application is still in review, which means PRC is still not issued. Given the above information, even if they issue today I should still be able to use my old Valid PRC for returning to Canada.

Once again, you are really helpful. Thank you.

Reactions: Ponga

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I landed on July 24 and asked to resubmit photos and send them yesterday...When i can expect my pr card now ?
Anybody who can share timeline after resubmission of photos ?
There's a group of people on this thread in the same situation. Mine is in my signature. From the info we could gather, at the moment, IRCC is working with photo resubmissions received in May 2022. So it should, in theory, be a couple of months away.