+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

Ad1tya

Aug 7, 2022
People with their fist lading post 15th June 2022, did anyone of you receive the First PR card or dispatch notification?

27th June: Landed YYZ
14th August: Linked to GCKey (Application submitted date is 27th June)
26th August: Ghost Update
31st August: GU2 (Decision Made: Approved) with “We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.”

Will check mailbox later this evening.

D

Deleted member 994371

27th June: Landed YYZ
14th August: Linked to GCKey (Application submitted date is 27th June)
26th August: Ghost Update
31st August: GU2 (Decision Made: Approved) with “We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.”

Will check mailbox later this evening.

Please do update us when you have received it in your mailbox. I landed the same day you did and received the ghost update on 27th June, called IRCC to find it out it has been processed and sent for printing. Haven't received the second GU yet. Did you receive a message in MyCIC or is it just another GU when it was dispatched?

Ad1tya

Aug 7, 2022
Please do update us when you have received it in your mailbox. I landed the same day you did and received the ghost update on 27th June, called IRCC to find it out it has been processed and sent for printing. Haven't received the second GU yet. Did you receive a message in MyCIC or is it just another GU when it was dispatched?
just ghost update again. No notification, just status change in MyCIC.

D

Deleted member 994371

just ghost update again. No notification, just status change in MyCIC.

I guess it will be obvious when it does happen but where can you see this message in your MyCIC account?

“We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.”

Ad1tya

Aug 7, 2022
I guess it will be obvious when it does happen but where can you see this message in your MyCIC account?

“We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.”
It’s at the bottom, in the documents status section, just above the messages section.
the top left also says Approved.

A final decision has been made. Please see the final decision below.
Latest update:
Final decision - August 31, 2022:Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

D

Deleted member 994371

There's no need to call, if the photos were not accepted, you would get a notification requesting new photos and not a GU.

Just received the same message - My PR card has been shipped.

For anyone keeping track -

Landed 27th June
Received GU on 27th August
Received Approved message in MyCIC account on 1st September that my PR card has been mailed to me.
Will update when it reaches my address

skarme312

Aug 2, 2017
I just got off the phone with the IRCC and the agent said they are picking up applications received on June 8 (online or mail). I sent my application in early July and haven't received any AOR. But this seems weird as I'm seeing folks who sent applications later get AORs.

slyangel

Jun 10, 2015
I applied for renewal by mail application was received August 8th.
AOR and decision made on August 26th and Pr card was mailed August 31st.
Can’t believe how fast it was.

Reactions: AlmostThere2

skarme312

Aug 2, 2017
I applied for renewal by mail application was received August 8th.
AOR and decision made on August 26th and Pr card was mailed August 31st.
Can’t believe how fast it was.
Was your PR card expired when you applied for renewal or still had a few months of validity?