+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

cg2871

Star Member
May 3, 2022
what does it mean, proof of residency requirements if you were outside of Canada for 1095 days or more in the past 5 years.
See Bricksonly reply it is accurate I think. In case not meeting RO then you can qualify to renew provided you are working for Canadian employer overseas or spouse is Canadian citizen etc. Other wise the option is H&C application, my advise is better to consult a Immigration lawyer or Consultant for submitting that.

Glaber

Feb 22, 2019
I did my landing on May 17th 2022 at Vancouver airport. However I have no updates on my online account and I live without a PR card which is really difficult since I can't get my healthcare card, drivers license or anything without the PR card. So I called the callcenter today, and the agent said that she couldn't see any updates on my file, and she sent a message to the responsible office to inform them my application has exceeded the normal processing time.

I'd really like to hear about your timelines cuz I'm starting to panic. :oops: (Only NEW PR card applications please, renewal timelines are different and irrelevant for us.)

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I did my landing on May 17th 2022 at Vancouver airport. However I have no updates on my online account and I live without a PR card which is really difficult since I can't get my healthcare card, drivers license or anything without the PR card. So I called the callcenter today, and the agent said that she couldn't see any updates on my file, and she sent a message to the responsible office to inform them my application has exceeded the normal processing time.

I'd really like to hear about your timelines cuz I'm starting to panic. :oops: (Only NEW PR card applications please, renewal timelines are different and irrelevant for us.)
Since your case has already exceeded processing time and agent has reminded the office, it should trigger the process rather quickly. I assume you have already linked pr card to CIC account.

Reactions: Glaber

Glaber

Feb 22, 2019
Since your case has already exceeded processing time and agent has reminded the office, it should trigger the process rather quickly. I assume you have already linked pr card to CIC account.
I linked my PR card application around a week ago. I also asked the agent whether late linking to my account could cause any delays or problems, but she said linking doesn't affect the file or timelines on their end. I wonder what's the timeline like for other new PR card applicants. Currently It's been 64 days for me. IRCC's website says average waiting time is 70 days for new PR cards. What's concerning me is having NO updates.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I linked my PR card application around a week ago. I also asked the agent whether late linking to my account could cause any delays or problems, but she said linking doesn't affect the file or timelines on their end. I wonder what's the timeline like for other new PR card applicants. Currently It's been 64 days for me. IRCC's website says average waiting time is 70 days for new PR cards. What's concerning me is having NO updates.
Yes linking is just for tracking purpose, no impact on processing. For some the process is delayed without any reason. I hope you have provided a canadian address for shipping pr card. I think you have done whatever you could, need to wait, thats it unfortunately.

cg2871

Star Member
May 3, 2022
My sons application was sent back and recieved today due to non payment of fees. Ridiculous because the payment slip was attached. Clearly a mistake by IRCC. Such a pain….

JCLERKINK

Jan 8, 2017
My sons application was sent back and recieved today due to non payment of fees. Ridiculous because the payment slip was attached. Clearly a mistake by IRCC. Such a pain….
Sorry to hear this. How long was the gap between sending the application and application been sent back?

Jane0210

Jun 15, 2022
Ohh sorry to hear that hopefully ours will not returnback though our status now is still “decision made”

asadahmed

Jan 6, 2016
Hello everyone.... Anyone else facing delays in receiving the initial PR card? My parents landed in Canada on March 6th 2022. On April 12th 2022, they were asked to submit two new photos at Case Processing Center in Sydney. We have received the PR card for my mother on May 4th 2022 . However, haven't received the PR cards for my father yet.
I have submitted the web form couple of times inquiring about the status, but no luck.

naseryas

Mar 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
12-MAR-2016
Hello

Do underage kids need to be present in Canada for PR card renewal if their parent is present?