+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

Ped1994

Star Member
May 24, 2022
They recieved my application on may 9th, it has been in process from june 7th and stillllll in process!!

mmtsd1

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
They recieved my application on may 9th, it has been in process from june 7th and stillllll in process!!
I am almost on the same boat, they received it on April 25, Started processing and AOR on May10, and still processing :(

Maha1981

Jan 25, 2011
Just spoke to an IRCC agent on their call line. She stated they are currently processing applications received in May 2022.
My application was submitted in April 2022 but was returned due to passport photographs not meeting requirement. I resubmitted in June ( Received on June 22nd)
You have similar timeline as me, Initial application sent in May was returned and resent the application in June and it was received on June 22nd. Keep me posted if you receive AOR.

cg2871

Star Member
May 3, 2022
I am almost on the same boat, they received it on April 25, Started processing and AOR on May10, and still processing :(
You can try sending a webform enquiry. Not sure if anyone else on the forum ever got a response to webforms submitted??

yogeshdoon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PR Card Renewal Application Sent on 1 June 2022.
PR Card Renewal Application Received by IRCC on 6 June 2022..
Waiting on AOR as of today
Tried Many times to see application status by UCI etc .but didn't worked.
PR Card Renewal Application Sent on 1 June 2022.
PR Card Renewal Application Received by IRCC on 6 June 2022..
AOR received in email today i.e. 15 July 2022

mmtsd1

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
You can try sending a webform enquiry. Not sure if anyone else on the forum ever got a response to webforms submitted??
Unfortunately, I sent a web form almost 1 week ago, yet, no response

Am I still within acceptable time line?!

chanakyashah

May 3, 2017
Applied for PR renewals for my wife and me. Both applications were sent on 3rd June but they reached on separate dates to the office and after some radio silence we finally got an update on both the applications as under:

Application 1
Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 8 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 13, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on July 13, 2022.

Application 2
Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 7 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 14, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on July 14, 2022.

yogeshdoon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applied for PR renewals for my wife and me. Both applications were sent on 3rd June but they reached on separate dates to the office and after some radio silence we finally got an update on both the applications as under:

Application 1
Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 8 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 13, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on July 13, 2022.

Application 2
Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 7 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 14, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on July 14, 2022.
Did you receive this content in email?

mmtsd1

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
What email do we receive the AOR from?
My PR renewal application was received on June 16th, 2022
You will receive an email similar to the following:

SUBJECT: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada: Information about XXXXXXX Correspondence Id: XXXXXXXXX

UCI: XXXXXXXXXX

This confirms that your application for your Permanent Resident card has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on YYYY/MM/DD.

NAME OF APPLICANT

When should I contact IRCC?

You must notify Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship (IRCC) of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:

• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual;
  • Decision to withdraw your application;
  • Change of contact information: e-mail, mailing address, telephone number;
  • You found your lost PR card - application for replacement is in process, card must be destroyed, replacement application not yet in process.

Changes to your address should be made through our online service at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp.

How do I check the status of my application?

You may use your 8-digit Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number located on this correspondence to check the status of your application on the IRCC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and in the "Most requested" section on the right-hand side of the page, select "Check your application status".

How long will it take to process my application?

Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times by visiting the IRCC website at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp.

Please be aware that answering e-mails takes time away from processing applications. For this reason, unless your application has exceeded normal processing times, please limit your correspondence to notifying us of changes in your application.

Sincerely,

eenagirl

Jul 16, 2022
Hello Everyone!

Will my application be rejected or returned if I put the wrong landing date? I already used the webform to rectify the error even if I did not receive an AOR yet after sending my application last May 31st. Thank you for your time!

yogeshdoon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone!

Will my application be rejected or returned if I put the wrong landing date? I already used the webform to rectify the error even if I did not receive an AOR yet after sending my application last May 31st. Thank you for your time!
I believe IRCC will ask you to correct the information and will ask the information from you. This will delay the decision until they will receive the response from you. This is what i think.

G4L

Aug 8, 2017
I called the IRCC call centre number 2 weeks ago and they mentioned that my mom's PR renewal application has been approved and that the card is in the Kipling office. However, according to their system the card has been there for almost 1.5 months and the person I talked to wasn't sure why my mom hasn't received a notification to go pick up her card. The person on the phone sent out a message to the office and said there's not much she can do.

Do you guys know why the Kipling office hasn't sent out an email to go pick up the card? My mom's going on a 4 month trip back home on August 15th and I'm hoping she gets a card before then.

Also do you guys know any number or person I can call at the office to get an update?

Reactions: cg2871

Jane0210

Jun 15, 2022
Hello,
Yours and mine dates are very close so thought of responding to you.
Application delivered to NS for me, my spouse and my child on May 30th 2022.
AOR on July 5th for all 3 applications.
I received PR card yesterday.
For my Daughters and wifes application shows as

Permanent Resident Card Application
Permanent Resident Card Application
ApplicantPermanent Resident Card Application Status
xxxxxxxxxDecision Made

when I click on application i can see
Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on May 30, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 6, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on July 6, 2022.

So looks like still they are working on my wife's and Daughters application.

Thanks
Do you have any update with your wife and daughter’s application? Is it still decision made?