+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

cg2871

Star Member
May 3, 2022
Just logged in and got this, boy what a relief !! Application got returned twice before. First time recieved by CIC on 8th March, returned on 6th April, second time recieved by CIC on 8th April, returned on 20th May, third time received by CIC on 30th May and received this today morning. Would be good to get off this roller coaster.....this is the last time I am renewing the card. Our card expired in May 2021, we applied with 849 days residency days.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on May 30, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 1, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on July 1, 2022.
Shows decision made also.
Never recieved the AOR maybe they send it to the Immigration Rep's email. Also the applications popped up on GC Key, but did not give access, as they said you have a Rep linked to the application so only they can have access.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bhamarekm

Bhamarekm

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 1, 2022.
Hopefully I will receive AOR in next couple of days as mine is delivered on May 31st

Reactions: cg2871

cg2871

Star Member
May 3, 2022
Just logged in and got this, boy what a relief !! Application got returned twice before. First time recieved by CIC on 8th March, returned on 6th April, second time recieved by CIC on 8th April, returned on 20th May, third time received by CIC on 30th May and received this today morning. Would be good to get off this roller coaster.....this is the last time I am renewing the card. Our card expired in May 2021, we applied with 849 days residency days.
Shows decision made also.
Never recieved the AOR maybe they send it to the Immigration Rep's email. Also the applications popped up on GC Key, but did not give access, as they said you have a Rep linked to the application so only they can have access.
Both me and my wife’s application shows DECISION MADE, while my son’s application reflecting IN PROCESS. Not sure if that has happened with other forum members

Americanwife94

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
I have been sitting at decision made for just over a week now but no indication that it’s been mailed out to me. I applied for a name change and the CAS system reflects the name change now, am I safe to assume it was approved? I was well over residency days, no criminality.

How long does it normally take for them to get the card sent out after a decision is made?

cg2871

Star Member
May 3, 2022
I have been sitting at decision made for just over a week now but no indication that it’s been mailed out to me. I applied for a name change and the CAS system reflects the name change now, am I safe to assume it was approved? I was well over residency days, no criminality.

How long does it normally take for them to get the card sent out after a decision is made?
Does it say the same status on both GC Key and ECAS?

tanvir1982

Star Member
Jul 13, 2018
Dear Members,

I've joined this thread only today, I was going through the thread and I’ve got some questions which may seem pretty stupid to you, but if you can provide some guideline I’ll be grateful.
I was under impression that my first PR card will be mailed to me at the address I’ve provided to CBSA after landing. But here in the thread I’m seeing everyone is talking about submitting application for PR card. Here comes the stupid question – Do I have to apply for PR card separately, if Yes, How?

I landed in Canada on 13 march 2022, I gave my Airbnb address to CBSA by mistake. Later I sent webmail to correct it. They acknowledged that they have received my application for address change. Later they requested for new photos, which I’ve sent accordingly. I haven’t received my PR card yet although more than 3 months have passed. I have been thinking maybe the delay is because of my address change and photo submission 2nd time. But is it because that I haven’t applied for PR card at all?

taby1

Jul 3, 2022
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on May 25, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 25, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on May 25, 2022.
PR Card Renewal Application Delivered - May 18
AOR - May 25

HI I would like to know if you have submitted any RO proof as i have met 1346 days (IF yes what will be the RO proofs,i have T4 fron 2020 till now and childerns report card from 2018 till date for elder child,younger child joined school since 2020 till now)

Softlanding on 29th Sept 2017
Left back India:23 Oct 2017
Back to Canada:27th Sept 2018
left to India 14th Jan 2018 and cam back to canada on 3 Apr 2019
Stayed in Canada conitually from 3 Apr 2019 to till date
PR card expires on :19 Jan 2023
As of Jul 4th 2022 i have 1346 days in Canada

Thank you so much for the help

mmtsd1

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
Hello everyone, I started feeling anxious, they started processing my application since 55 Days, and as follows:

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on April 25, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 10, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on May 10, 2022.

yet, nothing new since May 10? Is anyone in a similar situation?

Ped1994

Star Member
May 24, 2022
Hello everyone, I started feeling anxious, they started processing my application since 55 Days, and as follows:

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on April 25, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 10, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on May 10, 2022.

yet, nothing new since May 10? Is anyone in a similar situation?
did you meet the residency obligations?