+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

Hards_100

Dec 1, 2014
Mumbai
Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on March 14, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 27, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on April 27, 2022.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on May 10, 2022.
Waiting for the card to be delivered....

lemondrop

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Montreal, QC
Is everyone getting decision made? I'm supposed to be going out of the country next month and I'm getting a little stressed because everyone who has posted recently has sent in their applications after me (I've been in processing since April 8th). Does anyone know if a recent marital status change causes any delays? I dont know if I should call and ask for a status update.

don bee

May 11, 2022
Hi all,

So I landed 10 Dec 2021 in Toronto after outland spousal sponsorship and the CBSA officer completed the PR card application with my Ontario address and said the card would come in the mail "in a couple of months". In Feb 2022, I managed to locate the application and link it to my GCKey.

It shows application received 10 Dec 2021 and has indicated 'in process' ever since.

I've noticed some folks on here getting cards (renewed) in 2-3 months versus a longer published processing time, but the current time for initial PR cards went from 100+ to 96 days today and I'm now at 5 months (151 days).

I sent a webform enquiry on 23 Apr 2022, but got no response other than an acknowledgement of receipt of the email.

1) Is this normal (the length of waiting time)?
2) In 30 days when I hit the 6 month mark, will I have to submit another application on my own if I still haven't received the PR card at that time?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

lemondrop

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Montreal, QC
Hi all,

So I landed 10 Dec 2021 in Toronto after outland spousal sponsorship and the CBSA officer completed the PR card application with my Ontario address and said the card would come in the mail "in a couple of months". In Feb 2022, I managed to locate the application and link it to my GCKey.

It shows application received 10 Dec 2021 and has indicated 'in process' ever since.

I've noticed some folks on here getting cards (renewed) in 2-3 months versus a longer published processing time, but the current time for initial PR cards went from 100+ to 96 days today and I'm now at 5 months (151 days).

I sent a webform enquiry on 23 Apr 2022, but got no response other than an acknowledgement of receipt of the email.

1) Is this normal (the length of waiting time)?
2) In 30 days when I hit the 6 month mark, will I have to submit another application on my own if I still haven't received the PR card at that time?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.
That's a pretty long time for a first PR card. Have you tried calling? I would try getting in touch with them first to see what's up with the card before applying again (since it's already in the system).

Reactions: don bee

cg2871

Star Member
May 3, 2022
Sorry to hear Limbo. I got mine back at the beginning of this week. Seems they are being very picky with photos. I just sent everything back this afternoon (Friday). Back to the waiting game, hopefully this time we both get AOR quickly and our cards soon!
Same situation for me. Returned application back which was delivered on 8th April. Still waiting for AOR. Assume these cases end up on the bottom of the pile again. Anyone got an AOR after they returned the application back?

don bee

May 11, 2022
That's a pretty long time for a first PR card. Have you tried calling? I would try getting in touch with them first to see what's up with the card before applying again (since it's already in the system).
Thanks for the advice @lemondrop
I tried calling 2 weeks ago but didn't get through to anyone. I guess I'll keep trying.

Cheers

Reactions: lemondrop

nhkohli

May 12, 2022
Hi All,
I applied for PR card renewal on April 06, 2022, for myself, my spouse, and my two kids. They all received the acknowledgment on May 04, 2022, stating that the application was received on April 14, 2022. I never received an email for myself. Today I checked the application status as I thought maybe the email got missed somehow. They all have an application with the status "Decision Made", but there is no active application for me? What should I do?

MOmRN22

Apr 5, 2022
We received your application for a permanent resident card on February 28, 2022.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 29, 2022.
We started processing your application on March 29, 2022.
Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on May 12, 2022.

Yay anyone who has had this how long did you receive it in the mail ?

pkurapat

Nov 11, 2021
Hello All,

My wife landed in Toronto on 1st May 2022. The CBSA officer in immigration said that she would be receiving the PR card in a couple of months. Wondering if anyone had a similar situation as this. Did anyone receive the PR card.? Or does she needs to apply for a PR card again?

Any feedback is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Prateek

olayidedee

Jan 7, 2022
Hello All,

My wife landed in Toronto on 1st May 2022. The CBSA officer in immigration said that she would be receiving the PR card in a couple of months. Wondering if anyone had a similar situation as this. Did anyone receive the PR card.? Or does she needs to apply for a PR card again?

Thanks,
Prateek
Hello! I landed on 5 May 2022 at YYZ, funny thing, the immigration officer told me 4-6 weeks, curious to hear other people's experiences.

Reactions: pkurapat

Happy116

Mar 9, 2017
Hello All,

Thanks,
Prateek
For new immigrants, the CBSA officers submit the request when completing the landing formalities. You don’t have to submit a new request. My friend landed in Feb this year, and got his card in approx 2.5 months. Recent timelines for new PR card shows about 96 days of processing time.

cuitiange

May 16, 2022
Hi everyone,

timeline for my PR card renewal below:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on February 11, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 8, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on March 8, 2022.
I haven't heard anything else since then. I have to travel for a wedding in early July, and will need my new PR card to apply for a visa. I'm really worried that I won't get my PR Card in time. I did contact them and they said the card was sent for production...that was a month ago.

Thanks!

• Sad
Reactions: lemondrop

don bee

May 11, 2022
For new immigrants, the CBSA officers submit the request when completing the landing formalities. You don’t have to submit a new request. My friend landed in Feb this year, and got his card in approx 2.5 months. Recent timelines for new PR card shows about 96 days of processing time.
@Happy116, that's good to know.
Does anyone have any idea why some initial PR cards take longer than others? I landed in Dec 2021 and nothing has arrived or been communicated so far, not even one of those ghost updates.

Cheers