+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

khawar27

Apr 4, 2017
Thank you for your response!!! The weird thing is that when I sign in to my GCKey account, I get the following message and options:

You last signed in with your GCKey on Wednesday, April 13, 2022 at 13:28:53 ET.
From this page you can Change Your Passaword, Change Your Recovery Questions or Revoke Your GCKey.
Please select Continue to return to the Government of Canada online service.

:confused:
You must press 'Continue'. This will take you to next page for "'I agree".
When you press "Agree", it will then take you to your pre-set security validation page.
After answering the validation security Qs, it will then take you to your application status page.
On this page, Click the "Actual Application Status'' and it will open the required details for you to look at.
Good luck.
Khawar27

boomshanker

Oct 17, 2016
Hello. Any of you guys have Citizenship application in progress already and applied for PR card renewal? Do we need to send our existing PR Card or just photocopies of it? Thanks.

MatQue

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
You must press 'Continue'. This will take you to next page for "'I agree".
When you press "Agree", it will then take you to your pre-set security validation page.
After answering the validation security Qs, it will then take you to your application status page.
On this page, Click the "Actual Application Status'' and it will open the required details for you to look at.
Good luck.
Khawar27
Thank you! It did work, although I couldn't track my application and not link it to my account.

I am afraid my application has been rejected, because the status is already Decision Made and they had just started to process it yesterday, April 13th.

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on March 14, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 13, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on April 13, 2022.

ApplicantPermanent Resident Card Application Status
MY NAMEDecision Made

At the day I sent the application, I had accumulated around 800 days of physical presence in Canada within the past 5 years, so I am in compliance with Permanent Residency Obligations. The problem might have been because I did not send any supporting documentation, as they can check by themselves if I was or was not in Canada for the alleged period.

Anyways. Let's see!

ethelstan

Sep 16, 2016
Should I be calling ircc if I haven’t gotten AOR yet?
Mail delivered: March 3rd

today is April 14…
So this is based on my experience and other members here as well.

My application was received Feb 21 and I did not receive any confirmation whatsoever. Finally, received mail in the post that I forgot to answer one of the questions in April.
So yes, high likelihood the application is incomplete or photo is not per spec. Keep an eye on your mail.

Thanks,
Albert

Mohamed1810

Mar 23, 2022
called IRCC today and they said they have sent my photo to be checked on the same day I received the AOR , and my application is in process. Has anyone been through this step , is it a good sign ?

Americanwife94

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
So this is based on my experience and other members here as well.

My application was received Feb 21 and I did not receive any confirmation whatsoever. Finally, received mail in the post that I forgot to answer one of the questions in April.
So yes, high likelihood the application is incomplete or photo is not per spec. Keep an eye on your mail.

Thanks,
Albert
Ah, not what I wanted to hear. Would they send AOR and just have me resubmit photos if photos weren’t correct? I know I answered all questions. For work history I printed out additional copies of the same page and continued on to the next page once I had filled out all relevant info for work history. Hopefully they don’t think I forgot to answer questions.

Inder2000

Mar 17, 2022
Finally my submitted status changed to Approved in gc key today. It shows

We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.

Here is my timeline
Application Recieved: Dec 6, 2021
AOR: Jan 28, 2022
Ghost Update in GC Key: March 16, 2022
DM in ecas: March 17, 2022
Sent to Production: March 29, 2022
Approved in GC Key: April 14, 2022

I hope that helps others to calculate their timelines
My card was expired a year and 6 months ago at the time of application. Days out of Canada 180 in last 5 years

MatQue

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
Thank you! It did work, although I couldn't track my application and not link it to my account.

I am afraid my application has been rejected, because the status is already Decision Made and they had just started to process it yesterday, April 13th.

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on March 14, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 13, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on April 13, 2022.

ApplicantPermanent Resident Card Application Status
MY NAMEDecision Made

At the day I sent the application, I had accumulated around 800 days of physical presence in Canada within the past 5 years, so I am in compliance with Permanent Residency Obligations. The problem might have been because I did not send any supporting documentation, as they can check by themselves if I was or was not in Canada for the alleged period.

Anyways. Let's see!
Any ideia? My application might have been summarily rejected?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
. . . the status is already Decision Made and they had just started to process it yesterday, April 13th

Any ideia? My application might have been summarily rejected?
As long as you actually have PR status the likelihood of the PR card application being "summarily rejected" is near zero.

If, in particular, you were actually in Canada when you made the PR card application, and you are currently IN Canada, the odds are very good the Decision Made means the application has been approved and a new card will be issued. How and when it will be delivered can still vary (for example, it might be mailed within the coming days or few weeks, or it could be sent to a local office for an in-person pick-up).

A high percentage if not most PR card applications are approved upon being opened, and the vast majority are at least approved very soon after. While you were, as some of us say, "cutting-it-close" (relatively), which can trigger non-routine processing that takes longer, for PRs perceived to be actually settled and living in Canada, and for whom IRCC has no reason to question or doubt they are in RO compliance, the process is simple: verify in GCMS the applicant is in fact a PR whose status has not been terminated or renounced, and is not subject to a Removal Order, and so long as there is no reason-to-question-presence, approve the application.

With very rare exceptions (and the only ones I have seen in the IAD decisions involve PRs who are NOT IN Canada) PR card applications are NOT "rejected" because the PR is in breach of the PR Residency Obligation (notwithstanding how common statements suggesting otherwise here are -- comments here like "if PR applies without being in RO compliance the PR card application can be rejected" are overgeneralizing the procedure, as that is not how it works).

Rather there is a procedure for conducting a formal RO compliance examination which can result in the preparation of an inadmissibility Report, and if upon review that Report is upheld, issue a Removal Order. That is one type of non-routine processing. (Note: that procedure requires IRCC to consider H&C reasons, so at worst the affected PR will be given an opportunity to submit additional information before such a Report can result in the issuance of a Removal Order).

In Other Words: Looks Like CONGRATULATIONS Are In Order.

MatQue

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
As long as you actually have PR status the likelihood of the PR card application being "summarily rejected" is near zero.

If, in particular, you were actually in Canada when you made the PR card application, and you are currently IN Canada, the odds are very good the Decision Made means the application has been approved and a new card will be issued. How and when it will be delivered can still vary (for example, it might be mailed within the coming days or few weeks, or it could be sent to a local office for an in-person pick-up).

In Other Words: Looks Like CONGRATULATIONS Are In Order.
Thank you for your kind and attentious response.

Yes, I am an actual PR since 2011 and this is the second and I hope so the last PR Card renewal process I am going through. Will be applying for Citizenship in 2023 by February or March. And yes, I was in Canada when I submitted the application and I am still now in Canada. A little less stressed with what I just read. Now, let's wait!

Thank you again and Happy Easter!

sango

Apr 13, 2011
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30/05/2016 Montréal, and became PR
I have sent my application on jan 15th, havnt get any email foe confirmation or AOR, i have plans to travel , is there anyone from January from same boat, like not hearing back anything

Hi

Did you finally get the confirmation?? or you travelled