+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

fallcolours

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Quick update - Called IRCC today regarding my online PR renewal application submitted on Feb 5th. Apparently they are processing applications as of Jan 30th. So I am expecting my application to be looked at next week. Interestingly they mentioned they ll send an acknowledgment once the application is looked at so either the online portal will be updated or they ll send an email. Will update the thread one i get an update.
Thanks for the info. Mine was submitted January 26th, so keeping my fingers crossed for the AOR...

Last edited:

moose17

Jun 30, 2017
Thanks for the info. Mine was submitted January 26th, so keeping my fingers crossed for the AOR...
Similar here. Mine was submitted Jan 22nd (actually very late on Sunday the 21st) and I haven't heard a thing and the status checker and GCKey linking aren't finding my application.

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
Hi all,
I am sending my PR renewal application on paper and just just have a couple of question.
When I validate my application, can I”print it to pdf” and then print the pdf somewhere or does it need to be printed right from the application? I’m asking because when I validated it and printed to pdf it says it’s”protected B” but there is also a weird “print application“ button.
Also, does the IMM 5444 application generate any barcodes at the end?

Also, I almost forgot, i section with addresses and jobs / schools, what should I put as “To” date if it’s my current address and current job?

thanks a lot

Last edited:

@7med

Jun 12, 2018
Greetings to All,
I applied for my PR card Renewal online on March 13,2023 and still have not received any kind of acknowledgment. What should i do? Do i apply by paper ? Is there a number i can call regarding my PR renewal application? Please share y

Rk1989

Star Member
Mar 16, 2023
Greetings to All,
I applied for my PR card Renewal online on March 13,2023 and still have not received any kind of acknowledgment. What should i do? Do i apply by paper ? Is there a number i can call regarding my PR renewal application? Please share y
You will receive an AOR once they start processing your application. As per previous posts - they are currently processing January 30th submissions so you likely will not receive any acknowledgment for another couple of weeks.

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
Hi all,
I am sending my PR renewal application on paper and just just have a couple of question.
When I validate my application, can I”print it to pdf” and then print the pdf somewhere or does it need to be printed right from the application? I’m asking because when I validated it and printed to pdf it says it’s”protected B” but there is also a weird “print application“ button.

Also, I almost forgot, i section with addresses and jobs / schools, what should I put as “To” date if it’s my current address and current job?

thanks a lot
Could someone please share their experience with submitting the paper version?

iyerrb123

Jan 30, 2017
Logged in to my account today and my PR card has been mailed out.

To recap for timelines:
Renewal application received Jan 13 (sent Canada Post)
AOR Feb 27
Ghost update on March 6

And I called them yesterday to follow up, and today now the card is sent out.
Does the online status show as PR Card mailed? What is the status for you now that PR Card has been mailed

Anand2021

Star Member
Feb 26, 2021
Hi all,

thanks a lot
It's an issue with their latest IMM5444 form. I also faced the same problem. The print Application button appears on the page. I submitted my application with the same form on Feb 09. I am yet to receive AOR but as per my understanding, that print button should not be an issue.

Also, IMM 5444 did not generate any barcode for me as well.

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
It's an issue with their latest IMM5444 form. I also faced the same problem. The print Application button appears on the page. I submitted my application with the same form on Feb 09. I am yet to receive AOR but as per my understanding, that print button should not be an issue.

Also, IMM 5444 did not generate any barcode for me as well.
Thanks a lot for your respons.

so you submitted it with the print button? Also, what date did you use as “to” listing your current address and your current job?

@7med

Jun 12, 2018
You will receive an AOR once they start processing your application. As per previous posts - they are currently processing January 30th submissions so you likely will not receive any acknowledgment for another couple of weeks.
Thanks for your reply. Great to know. Where do i see that which month they are processing right now?