+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

rj1412

Dec 7, 2017
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
19-08-2017
That's excellent news. Did you send your application using UPS? Just want to check if your application reached the "Sydney, NS" OR "New Waterford, NS" IRCC office.
Thanks. I used UPS. My application reached "New Waterford, NS".

Reactions: Anand2021

micrarach

Star Member
Mar 8, 2018
I called them today to see if they could give me any information on when my PR card might be sent out. They looked at my file, said everything looks ok, they don't anything from etc. Just wait. I told them I have to travel in 2 months and they sent me the information to apply for PRTD if my card doesn't come in time. So who knows.

Anand2021

Star Member
Feb 26, 2021
Did anyone get their application approved after getting redirected to New Waterford location? I was worried about my application and it's been 1 month and 15 days since I sent my application with no updates. I sent IRCC web form inquiries and I received the response back today.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Please note that this email is a response to the enquiries found below this email.
We verified the information on file and can confirm that the requested information was not received by the responsible office yet.
If you would like to send them to us again, we invite you to:

• Fill out the IRCC Web form and include your documents. It will be our pleasure to forward them to the office processing your file, or
  • Send them by mail to the responsible office.
If additional information is required during the process of your application, the responsible office may contact you.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

So, I am not sure what's happening. IRCC claims they did not recieve my documents despite they being redirected by UPS from Sydney to New Waterford location.
"New Waterford, NS" location is opening the application package delivered on Jan 20. (as per the updates in this forum)
Till your application package is not opened, you will get a similar response from the webform/call center.

When was your application was delivered?

micrarach

Star Member
Mar 8, 2018
Logged in to my account today and my PR card has been mailed out.

To recap for timelines:
Renewal application received Jan 13 (sent Canada Post)
AOR Feb 27
Ghost update on March 6

And I called them yesterday to follow up, and today now the card is sent out.

pHrankee

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Logged in to my account today and my PR card has been mailed out.

To recap for timelines:
Renewal application received Jan 13 (sent Canada Post)
AOR Feb 27
Ghost update on March 6

And I called them yesterday to follow up, and today now the card is sent out.
About 60 days of processing. That's seems good. I am an online applicant from Feb 5th. Hopefully will get an update soon

Reactions: micrarach

SasaKa

Mar 16, 2023
Applied via paper application.

IRCC received: 12th Jan 2023
AOR : 22nd Feb 2023

I have not been able to link to my GCKey for some reason, but called them this morning and was told application was sent to card production on the 14th March.

Just a waiting game now

Reactions: micrarach

Rk1989

Star Member
Mar 16, 2023
Any one recently speak to an agent and know what renewal submission date they are working on? Submitted on Feb 18th and have a flight second week of May… sooo stressful.

pHrankee

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Any one recently speak to an agent and know what renewal submission date they are working on? Submitted on Feb 18th and have a flight second week of May… sooo stressful.
I hate to say this but you are cutting it too close. However, is your current PR card expiring after you return back to Canada or is it already expired? If it expired you may have to apply for PRTD. If its not expired, then you are good.

MARGOGO

Mar 21, 2017
The status was "Decision Made" as of March 7th. No further updates yet
same here. with CIC portal, no update at all. but with status checker, it shows decision made. really not sure it is the status for my current application or the first PR card.

Rk1989

Star Member
Mar 16, 2023
I hate to say this but you are cutting it too close. However, is your current PR card expiring after you return back to Canada or is it already expired? If it expired you may have to apply for PRTD. If its not expired, then you are good.
It expired in March .. I will only be gone 6 days so a PRTD isn’t really an option. Looking at others timelines definitely am cutting it close.. hoping for the best

Xxsaraxx

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
I submitted my renewal on sept 15th, and still haven’t received my pr card. Called them in January and they said they’ll inform them to start processing my renewal application. Called them again in February and still said they’re processing. I’m beyond frustrated and cannot understand what’s going on. Anyone in the same boat?

guesfrnd

Jan 10, 2018
"New Waterford, NS" location is opening the application package delivered on Jan 20. (as per the updates in this forum)
Till your application package is not opened, you will get a similar response from the webform/call center.

When was your application was delivered?
Mine was delivered on February 20. So in this case, is it necessary to re-submit the requested documents again or just wait until they take action on my application?

guesfrnd

Jan 10, 2018
I called them today to see if they could give me any information on when my PR card might be sent out. They looked at my file, said everything looks ok, they don't anything from etc. Just wait. I told them I have to travel in 2 months and they sent me the information to apply for PRTD if my card doesn't come in time. So who knows.
What's the phone number you called them?