+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal - NEED HELP!!

name is taken

Dec 5, 2016
Hi everyone, I am recently renewing my PR card and I got a lot of questions while I am doing it. I tried to phone cic but they are so busy, so I came here hopefully I can get some advices.

The following are my questions:

1. Do I have to include Supplementary Identification Form (PDF, 797.28 KB) (IMM 5455) in my documents?

2. Do I have to photocopy my expired PR card?

3. For the past 5 years I only entered canada and did not leave, so I only have one stamp that is not in english on my passport, do I have to translate it? I mean, its just one stamp.

4. And the most important question: Do I have to certify photocopies of my passport? If so, who can do this for free? Can a bank manager do this?

Sorry for so many questions, thanks for those who take time to read it. I appreciate for everyone's help.

Thank you

name is taken

Dec 5, 2016
Oh sorry I forgot one thing, to photocopy every page of my passport, does it have to print in black or in color?

Again, I appreciate everyone's help, thank you.

hottiana

Oct 29, 2016
Category........
certification is better just around 5 to 10$ per document, No need to send copies of all pages of passport just first 2 pages. In this case CIC is asking for Passport as ur primary ID and not to check ur travel history through passport. CIC can get record from CBSA if required. No Supplementary Identification Form. Requirement for under 18 are different. Go through guide IMM 5445. If possible provide some evidence of ur stay, residency requirement. If children above 18 even then provide some college/university record. As per rules this is not required but if u provide process will be fast. I applied for PR renewal for myself and my family last month in November 16 and exactly on 10th day new cards were in my mailbox.

name is taken

Dec 5, 2016
hottiana said:
No need to send copies of all pages of passport just first 2 pages. In this case CIC is asking for Passport as ur primary ID and not to check ur travel history through passport.
Well, this is really different than what I heard. Thx for the new info, really appreciate