+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal - Interview

sam1992

Jun 16, 2013
Hi,

I am current a permanent resident of canada. I landed on 19 july 2008, the expiry date of my card is 19 july 2013. I applied for urgent processing for my card on 8 may, they received the application on the 10th of may and started processing on the 14th. On the 15th of may my application was transferred to the local cic office. On june 12 i receive a letter from the cic of montreal stating: " This refers to your application for the PRC. In order to continue processing of your application, you must report for an interview for determination of your permanent resident status." They also asked to get documents that prove my residency for the past five years, which i have in full.The weird part is that i have more than 730 days in canada. I dont know why the asked me for an interview.
Do u think they chose my application for the quality assurance program or is it something else? And do you think they will give me my pr card on the same day of the interview.

When i applied i used urgent processing, and sent a ticket and the payment of the ticket, I was supposed to leave before the interview, do u think i could call the call center and ask if i can go the date before my interview?

Thank you

v4x

Star Member
May 3, 2010
i think u will have to attend the interview as you have been told so. Call centre probably won't give u much information on this...but they processed pretty soon...I stayed over 730 days, applied under normal case, they are not open yet. but as long as u met 730 days, should be fine