+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal in 2018. Processing times increasing constantly.

Sharpie

Jun 28, 2018
It just says "1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on May 17, 2018." Processing does not seem to be started. I submitted a request in the web-form but have not heard thus far. My guess is that they sent my application back to me since something was missing or incomplete. I have not received any letters from them
I just called IRCC and they said they mailed my PR card this morning. If you have time, you can give them a call and ask what’s the status of your application. They’ll be able to tell you if they returned your application. My approx wait time is 15mins. Just have your UCI # or expired PR card #. Good luck!

peiresident

Aug 29, 2018
It just says "1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on May 17, 2018." Processing does not seem to be started.
I just called IRCC and they said they mailed my PR card this morning. If you have time, you can give them a call and ask what’s the status of your application. They’ll be able to tell you if they returned your application. My approx wait time is 15mins. Just have your UCI # or expired PR card #. Good luck!
Thanks. What number you were calling? I tried to call several times the number on their web-site but it always took forever to stay on the line so I eventually gave up.

Sharpie

Jun 28, 2018
Thanks. What number you were calling? I tried to call several times the number on their web-site but it always took forever to stay on the line so I eventually gave up.
I called 1-888-242-2100. Choose option 1 then go from there. Eventually they’ll give you an option to press 0 to speak with an agent. Mine was approx 15 mins and they answered after 12mins.

peiresident

Aug 29, 2018
I called 1-888-242-2100. Choose option 1 then go from there. Eventually they’ll give you an option to press 0 to speak with an agent. Mine was approx 15 mins and they answered after 12mins.
Thanks. I'm trying now and it's asking an application number which I don't know since I've never received AOR
Finally, I had a chance to speak with an agent. She said they are working on the application. Hope, they'll have it complete soon.

Last edited:

peiresident

Aug 29, 2018
Thank you very much for suggesting to call IRCC. I tried several times in the past and it was never successful. Once you learn how to get through the voice menu you'll get someone on the line to speak with within 15-20 min which is not bad :)
ECAS status is a bit misleading. The only record I had till this morning was "Your application was received on May, 17th". AOR has never been sent. I called them last week and the girl told me that the application was in process. I called yesterday again and another girl said that they requested a new PR card to be issued and after that they would mail it to me. I checked the status this morning again and there was no change until it was updated few hours later to Decision made.
So, the lesson learned is that it's not that complicated to get someone on the call from IRCC to clarify your application status. Hopefully, it'll be helpful for someone else.

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Damn I didn’t know it’s take so long. I will be sending my husband application out tomorrow. We are hoping to travel in December well I guess it will be wait and see.

peiresident

Aug 29, 2018
Damn I didn’t know it’s take so long. I will be sending my husband application out tomorrow. We are hoping to travel in December well I guess it will be wait and see.
It seems to be better now than it used to be a couple months ago. The processing time for renewal shows as 93 days. Be aware that it's very unlikely that your application processing will be complete sooner than they indicate on the web-site.

meenuren

Aug 20, 2010
I applied on 20th Jun 2018 for renewal. No response yet... I tried to call 888-242-2100. But its not going forward or get rejected at some point.

hargobinder

Oct 30, 2012
I applied on 20th Jun 2018 for renewal. No response yet... I tried to call 888-242-2100. But its not going forward or get rejected at some point.
hi meenuren , even my application was delivered on 13 June , and still i did not get any update on my status. Processing time is 85 days now.

loz1749

Sep 18, 2017
Hi,

My husband's application was received on may 30th. We can finally see his status on the ECAS with his PR number and it's still in application received. No AOR received yet.
When we call 1-888-242-2100 it says they are processing applications received after june 14th.

Also if you want to talk to an agent, call the number option 1, option 1 again, then option 3 (PR renewal). Input the info of your application such as application number (if you don't have one just do 0#) then year of birth, you will hear the processing times right now. After follow the instructions until it says talk to an agent press 0. It will direct you to the agent.

Hope it helps!

crt2701

Sep 27, 2018
Thanks for the tips to talk to an agent. I have called 4 times already today and each time I am told their call volume is too high to connect me. I have a couple of questions and was wondering if anyone can help?

I have sent my application which they say was received. I marked it as urgent as I have trips booked by work for me to attend meetings and training in the US. I sent confirmation of travel and costs and a letter from my employer. Has anyone had their PR renewal processed as Urgent and how long did it take?

I have a second trip booked to England in late November and will not be in the country long enough to get a PRTD. Would I be able to board a flight to Canada if I changed my final destination to the US- therefore making Canada just a connecting area. This may be the best option for me instead of completely re booking.

Thanks!

peiresident

Aug 29, 2018
Thanks for the tips to talk to an agent. I have called 4 times already today and each time I am told their call volume is too high to connect me. I have a couple of questions and was wondering if anyone can help?

I have sent my application which they say was received. I marked it as urgent as I have trips booked by work for me to attend meetings and training in the US. I sent confirmation of travel and costs and a letter from my employer. Has anyone had their PR renewal processed as Urgent and how long did it take?

I have a second trip booked to England in late November and will not be in the country long enough to get a PRTD. Would I be able to board a flight to Canada if I changed my final destination to the US- therefore making Canada just a connecting area. This may be the best option for me instead of completely re booking.

Thanks!
This is a standard answer that the volume is high. But usually they let you know how long you will need to stay on the line. The longest I've ever been told was 29 min and someone picked up the phone in 15 min or about that. Try to go through the voice menu until it directs you to an agent. All agents I have been spoken so far were very good and helpful.

loz1749

Sep 18, 2017

Thanks!
I've had the message that the call volume is too high before, I usually call a an hour later and I get to talk to an agent.

Regarding the travels, I am 100% sure that with an expired PR you won't be able to get on to a plane to Canada. Not because of Canada but because the airline won't let you board.
You can only come into Canada by land (car, bus) showing the expired PR or confirmation of residency with photo IDs and a copy of the application for renewal of the PR card.