+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card renewal Form- IMM 5444

moonz

Jun 4, 2016
Hello Everyone!

I need some help filling out my PR renewal form. I completed my residency Obligation this May 2020 and will be applying for my PR Card renewal in June.
I came to Canada 1 month Before my PR Card could expire and entered Canada without any issues in May 2018 and since then I was completing my Residency Obligation, which I completed in May 2020.
I have a few questions to ask, it would be really helpful if I get some guidance regarding this.

1* Under the section 21. (Travel History outside Canada) in Form IMM 5444 there is a space to write the "Period to be assessed" So do I write the time period from 2015 June to 2020 June, which is the past 5 years from this June or Do I only write the time period I was out of Canada.

2* Under the same section 21. I have written the reason of my Absence (which is 1065 days) as VACATION which is a Very short version but at the same time its also true since I had gone back to my Country after a long time and needed some break. So, do I need to write the reason of Absence more into detail like for example, due to personal reasons which came up during the same time period, I had to File my Divorce and was waiting for my case to close and then waited for my Daughters School year to Finish and after that I came to Canada before my PR Card could expire.
So the main reason for going back to my Country was Vacation, but some things changed and I had to file my Divorce which Delayed my return.

Please let me know. Any help would me much appreciated.

Thank you!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello Everyone!

I need some help filling out my PR renewal form. I completed my residency Obligation this May 2020 and will be applying for my PR Card renewal in June.
I came to Canada 1 month Before my PR Card could expire and entered Canada without any issues in May 2018 and since then I was completing my Residency Obligation, which I completed in May 2020.
I have a few questions to ask, it would be really helpful if I get some guidance regarding this.

1* Under the section 21. (Travel History outside Canada) in Form IMM 5444 there is a space to write the "Period to be assessed" So do I write the time period from 2015 June to 2020 June, which is the past 5 years from this June or Do I only write the time period I was out of Canada.

2* Under the same section 21. I have written the reason of my Absence (which is 1065 days) as VACATION which is a Very short version but at the same time its also true since I had gone back to my Country after a long time and needed some break. So, do I need to write the reason of Absence more into detail like for example, due to personal reasons which came up during the same time period, I had to File my Divorce and was waiting for my case to close and then waited for my Daughters School year to Finish and after that I came to Canada before my PR Card could expire.
So the main reason for going back to my Country was Vacation, but some things changed and I had to file my Divorce which Delayed my return.

Please let me know. Any help would me much appreciated.

Thank you!
1. 5 years from now.

2. You didn't remain out of Canada for 3 years for vacation, so you really should be putting a more accurate reason.

Reactions: moonz

moonz

Jun 4, 2016
Hello Again everyone,
I have a few more questions based on what I read on CIC website where I read the instructions for applying for the renewal of PR card and I got some doubts after reading it. The statement in Bold are copied from the CIC website.

#1- ("If you are applying to renew your present card, you should keep it until you get your new card and include a photocopy of it with your application")
Do I need to send a photocopy of my Old PR Card? Since its not mentioned in the Documents Checklist ?

#2- Do I need to submit my Divorce copy with my application, since my status is now changed and not the same like my previous PR card renewal

#3- ("Be complete and accurate-
Fill out all sections. If a section does not apply to you, write “Not Applicable” or “NA”. If your application is incomplete, it will be returned to you and this will delay the processing")

Could you please advice me regarding this. Do I need to put N/A in all the sections which I leave blank in the Form.

#4- I have a question about my house address in section 12. I live in Canada, in the Basement of a house which has a house number for example, 987. Do I need to write the 987 under the Street no. or under the Street name section along with 12th AVE EAST, which is a street name.

#5- Under section 14. about my Phone number details, Do I need to write my Cellular number under the AT HOME section or the Alternative section. Since its my mobile phone and I do not have a land line connection at home, I was confused. Please let me know.

I hope I am clear with my questions. I would really appreciate if I could get some feedback on this since I will be filling my final application very soon.

Thank you!

visa_4all

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

My PR card will expire in Feb 2021.

I have applied for citizenship in May. Do I need to apply for PR card renewal (to be on safe side), as citizenship application will take around 12 months.

If I apply for PR card renewal, will it affect my citizenship application.

Any suggestions.

Thanks

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hello,

My PR card will expire in Feb 2021.

I have applied for citizenship in May. Do I need to apply for PR card renewal (to be on safe side), as citizenship application will take around 12 months.

If I apply for PR card renewal, will it affect my citizenship application.

Any suggestions.

Thanks
do it, it will not affect your citizenship application, you will win time. just in case, everything is so slow.

Reactions: visa_4all